AVIC411.com

Another first impressions

Well, even with all of the information ahead of time, I went ahead and had the F90BT installed.

First off, the boot time is excessive as everyone says, but at least the rearview camera starts up in about 10 seconds.

The screen, while it is not perfect is actually a lot easier to read than the original navigation from the '08 corvette.

The bluetooth connected up to my Samsung SCH760 WM6 phone and transferred my contacts. The audio from the phone is great, crystal clear. But, the microphone does not appear to be working at all. I'm playing with the settings and volume tonight, but so far.... nothing.

The ipod controls and sound are excellent, but the delay in booting is way too excessive. I have about 15,000 songs and it took about 15 minutes to catalog them all. I'm going to turn off the catalog and see how it goes.

Ipod video is cool and the bypass works as advertised.

I'm only about 1 hour into use and so far the system reset twice, once when a call was coming in and I tried to answer and again when it was first turned on and it didn't recognize the ipod.

So far the sound is MUCH better than stock (of course Focals, Sub and amp will do that too).

I'll post more as I get to use it.

So far the sound is MUCH better than stock (of course Focals, Sub and amp will do that too).

I'll post more as I get to use it.

What Focals are you running. I currently have the 165VR3 in my doors and dash and am looking at picking up 2 of the 5" K2 Subwoofers. Right now I am powering everything with an Alpine PDX 5 amp.

Cheers,

James

I have the 165VR polyglass and love the way they sound.

OK, I think that my microphone is not working at all. The voice recognition and phone do not hear a thing at all.

Also, the rear camera works in reverse, but when I try to use it in rear mode (not in reverse) I only get a blank screen that says images may be reversed.

Turning off the Ipod VSS catalog did speed things up a bit.