AVIC411.com

Newbie Getting Closer, Review Experts Please? Pink wire, huh

I am about to install everything for my D3 and hooked have begun hooking up my Crutchfield purchased Wiring Harness for my Infiniti QX4. I have a few wiring questions. Below is a lost of the wires that I connected, and some that was not sure about and/or did not use.

I am being verbose as I can so my question gets answered! Thanks in advance! What is in BOLD, I did not hook up, what is in BLUE are questions I have of you all.

Yellow - constant +12v - CONNECTED

Red - accy +12v - CONNECTED

Black - Ground - Will connect when doing installation.

Orange/white - Illumination - CONNECTED (Had solid Orange)

Lt. Green - Parking Brake (Will be used via bypass?)

PINK (Car Speed Signal Input) - I have no idea what I am looking for to tap into?

Purple/white - Reverse Input - NOT CONNECTED

Blue - Power Antenna - CONNECTED

Blue/white (in the rca harness) - Not using an AMP, I do not think I have a factory AMP?

Yellow/Black (in the rca harness) - Cell mute (though most use it for bypass) - NOT CONNECTED

White - Left Front Speaker + - CONNECTED

White/Black - Left Front Speaker - CONNECTED

Gray - Right Front Speaker - CONNECTED

Gray/Black - Right Front Speaker - CONNECTED

Green - Left Rear Speaker - CONNECTED

Green/Black - Left Rear Speaker - CONNECTED

Purple - Right Rear - NOT USED DON'T THINK I NEED IT CONNECTED

Purple/Black - Right Rear - NOT USED DON'T THINK I NEED IT CONNECTED

Light Green - NOT CONNECTED

My Crutchfield harness (small one in photo below) still has a black/white wire and a blue/white wire available. There are the green and green/black wires I am not using because I assume they are for speakers 6 and 7 if I had them. However I do have factory door pillar tweeters, I assume they are hooked up in parallel but I will likely connect the loose green wires as well.

SO far so good but I am not too sure how I am suppose to hook up the Pink wire, what am I tapping into in the car again? How about the other items I noted in BOLD, should I use any of them?

Full size photo here: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/64suicides/Avic/IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

I also moved the Black/Yellow wire in preparation for the Bypass, I can hook the Parking Brake and do if I need to hook up the Mute wire to this.

Original Location: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/64suicides/Avic/IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

New Location: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/64suicides/Avic/IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

:D

I had mine professionally installed, so the only part that I can answer about is the pink wire:

That's the speed sensor that allows the NAV to keep proper screen speed as you drive. Mine is hooked up somewhere under the hood independent of the wiring harness. The exact place, I am not certain. I would assume it's a different location in each vehicle.

PINK (Car Speed Signal Input):

This wire should be connected so you can obtain the most accurate GPS location in Navigation. Im not sure what year your QX4 is, but you can look under the 12volt.com link below to find the color of the vss wire and it's location. Look for the year of your QX4 on that page, click on the hotlink for "Cruise Control". The VSS is aka "SPEED SENSE" on that forum. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehiclewiring/1/yeard/Infiniti.html

Lt. Green (Parking Brake):

Yes, it's used in the bypass. Since you are doing the bypass, you do not have to connect this wire to the parking brake.

Purple/white (Reverse gear signal input):

It is recomended you connect this wire to your reverse brake. This will help the naviation system know you are reversing your car. Not making this connection may give you an inaccurate location on your navigation until.

blue/white (Remote Turn-On wire for an external amp):

It does not sound like you'll be using an aftermarket amp. Since this will be a unused wire, wrap electrical tape over the end of it and make sure there are no exposed metal wires when you're done

Yellow/black (mute):

yes, you'll use this for the D3 bypass

Purple and Purple/black (rear right speaker):

Was it a typo in your post that you only have 3 sets of the speakers hooked up now (refer to italicized text below)? Unless you only want to power 3 speakers with your D3, you need to connect the Purple and Purple/black wires to your rear right speaker.

White - Left Front Speaker + - CONNECTED

White/Black - Left Front Speaker - CONNECTED

Gray - Right Front Speaker - CONNECTED

Gray/Black - Right Front Speaker - CONNECTED

Green - Left Rear Speaker - CONNECTED

Green/Black - Left Rear Speaker - CONNECTED

My truck is a 2001 QX4 (Sorry for the delay, I was counting on the email notification and only got one)

Thank you all for your posts, si1point6 thanks for the link as well; I took a look at the . I have not had a chance to hook the unit up yet, my issue now is there is no Double DIN Kit for the vehicle and I don't have the knowledge to create a decent looking one. :(