AVIC411.com

Please help - how do you remove D2?

I had the Nav unti installed professionally. I need to get the unit out to attach RCA and Video cable.

My question is how do I remove this unit?

I presume you need to remove the center bezel? If so how?

Do I need a special tool? Installer has moved out of the area so I can't ask him...

thank you

IMG_0572_16_1.jpg

You have to pull off the trim panel. It should be held on with clips from the backside. Just slip a flat head screwdriver or putty knife in behind it and pry out gently. The whole piece (outlined in red in the first pic) should come off. Then there should be some screws holding the radio in, as shown in the other pics (although that's not your car, but the idea is the same). If you provide the year, make, and model of your car (or truck i guess, because of the 4WD selector) I can show you where to get detailed instructions on removing/installing the radio. But it's really very simple.

IMG_0572_16_1.jpg

Pics from my car... different, but pretty much the same idea/setup. Pull off the trim panel, then remove the screws holding the unit in.

DSC03097.jpg

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03098.jpg

DSC03099.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

HiFi - you are amazing - Thank you. It's for a 2002 Ford Escape XLT. I think I know how to get the trim off but wasn't sure about the radio so I can access the back. Your second pict didn't come through.

Thanks again! Just wanted to make sure I didn't need a special tool or something.

Yeah, you only need those special U-shaped tools when you are removing the factory head unit. Although I've always made those tools out of some cut up coat hangers instead... Anyway, you don't need them here.

Yes, I know... my car is dirty as hell. I just can't seem to find the time to clean her up.

IF for some reason the kit that was used to install the radio uses the same mounting method as the factory radio, you'll need the tools (pictured below) to remove the radio. But, like I said above) you can make your own out of some coat hangers. Just slide them in the holes, angle them out towards the sides, and pull the radio out.

OTC-7575.jpg