AVIC411.com

Just bought my AVIC-D2, I have a couple questions...

I am getting my AVIC installed at a car audio shop. In order to bypass is there anything else or something more technical I should tell the guy other than "run the parking brake line to a ground and run a line from the empty slot to a ground."

Also, I want to set it up so I can hook up a regular home DVD player for use on road trips, should I ask him to hook up RCA cords into my A/V that go into the glove compartment or something like that?

Thanks in advance!
First you might want to make sure they'll actually do that first. A lot of places will not do anything as far as doing bypass lockouts on nav systems anymore. You can thank lawyers for that one. IF you do run a home dvd player in your car you will need a power inverter to supply power to it.
I was lucky; my installer did the bypass, but if your guy won't do it in the open, ask him if you can give him cash to do it under the table. My guy said he couldnt write it on the receipt, and that he would bypass it for $50 cash.

You can tell your installer to run the RCA cords and put them somewhere, but instead of using a home DVD player, you can use a portable DVD player and you don't have to worry about using a power inverter or anything like that.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]no it doesn't. You'll either need to manually flash the headlights or get ducatiboy's circuit. either route you go, the parking brake wire must be left unconnected.[/quote]

cntrylvr79, that's for the Z1. Ducati's flasher only works on the Z1. The OP is referencing the D2 he just purchased.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]First you might want to make sure they'll actually do that first. A lot of places will not do anything as far as doing bypass lockouts on nav systems anymore. You can thank lawyers for that one. IF you do run a home dvd player in your car you will need a power inverter to supply power to it.[/quote]

I think theyll be alright doing that. But I guess I need to talk to them and make sure. Theyre a smaller local shop, nothing like BestBuy or something like that.
[quote name="PaisanNYC"] [quote name="cntrylvr79"]no it doesn't. You'll either need to manually flash the headlights or get ducatiboy's circuit. either route you go, the parking brake wire must be left unconnected.[/quote]

cntrylvr79, that's for the Z1. Ducati's flasher only works on the Z1. The OP is referencing the D2 he just purchased.[/quote]

Sorry bout that brain farted for a minute. Didn't realized he was talking about a d2 for some reason. Yay me I road the short bus.