AVIC411.com

Reverse sensor and backup camera

I installed a F900bt into a saturn sky and the rear camera works when I select it from the AV menu but does not work when I shift into reverse. I connected the reverse wire using the extension with the inline fuse to the rear sensor wire into metra wiring harness I used. The camera is currently set to battery because if it's set to ground then it gets stuck in rear camera mode upon boot up and needs to be reset. Is this an indication that maybe my wires have come loose. I don't want to have to pull out all the wiring to check if there is something else I can do. Is there way to tell the rear sensor wire is hooked up correctly without checking it with a multimeter? I also don't know if the vss wire is working either. Is there a way to verify that too?

Wow! I didn't even bother to look at the screen name!... :oops:

Since you had to set it to 'battery' to get the camera view to go away, it means that the reverse wire on the AVIC is seeing a constant ground. I would just forget using the reverse wire on the Metra harness and instead just connect the AVIC's wire to the actual reverse lamps wire (in the kickpanel or at the rear bulb). Then it will definitely work.

-Eric

P.S. You'll be very happy with the Boyo camera. I have one on my car, and I'm very impressed with its low-light sensitivity. At night, the image from the camera looks like it's daylight outside!... 8)