AVIC411.com

Voice Commands

Over all the issues my 700bt has this has to be the most annoying....

Why the hell is there no voice command for basic functions (other than when using the ipod) like: Pause, Stop, Next Track, Previous Track, and probably the most annoying Mute?? I have to mute all the time since when I come up to the gate at my work I need to mute the radio to speak to the guard. Half the time when I hold the button the unit decides I want to input a voice command and the same happens when trying to unmute.

It makes me want to throw the stupid thing out the window!

Did anyone at Pioneer take this thing out into a real world car for even 5 minutes??

You can do those commands. Based on manual pg 148. button > Pause the music. You have to keep VR catalogue on all the time also i noticed.

I also was able to do the contact name calling. i.e button > call Mike

With contacts your phonebook have to be transferred first.

Nope not true.

Look closer at that page in the manual, its the chart for the ipod.

The only sources that can use the pause, next, or previous command are the ipod and usb/sd. My question to Pioneer is why the hell can you not pause a cd by voice command if you can do it with the other sources?? That makes zero sense.

And if they can't do mute by voice command at least make it a better button than the one that is very hard to hold in the center. Like hold the map or menu button instead