AVIC411.com

I did a search for this (here and in the owners manual) and it seems such an elementary issue, I know there has to be a way to correct this. Is there any way (on 2-d mode) to always have the map function oriented so you are always headed in the direction on the screen, rather than it always pointing north. Whenever I dirve south, the screen orientation is backwards and it's a little confusing because locations are opposite. I know this feature is available in the 3d mode, but I would rather have the God's eye view in 2D mode.
There should be a button that looks like two triangles (Red/White). Hitting this will go from always having the car face to the top with the map reorienting. The other mode from hitting the button is to always have north be at the top of the screen with the triangle for the car reorienting.

-Litos
DJ is correct. I like to have the split screen available (in 3D mode) and have the North pointing map on the smaller screen zoomed out more. That way you can see both the direction and a driver's perspective of what is ahead...BTW it looks a lot better in 3D mode.