AVIC411.com

Kenwood DNX8120

Does anyone have any images of screen shots of the XM and SIRIUS screens? I see alot on the web for the main screen, navigation screen and teh iPod screen, but nothing from the satellite radio screens.

Thanks.

i don't have a pic of the XM.. but to access it you have to go through the garmin nav instead of the Kenwood main screen as you would for the sirus

have to say, DIDN'T like it at all. looks so basic, doesn't come close to the look i'm use to with my D3..

i didn't see the sirus so can't comment there.

because of that look, is why i'm holding out to get either the F90BT or Z3

Wondering if someone can help me... Got my 8120 installed a few days, what an upgrade over the POS F700 that was pulled out.

Questions/comments:

1. I ordered an Ipod to use with this unit but then discovered that using a thumb drive (USB) provides album art and a pretty good interface. I thought I read somewhere that the thumb drive actually sounds better than the Ipod on this unit due to some analog conversion thing. So, before I open the Ipod, I'm wondering what the gain would be over a thumb drive other than video.

2. NAV Weather - I can't get the forecast to work, always says waiting for XM Broadcast. Something wrong or is it just XM?!

3. That GXM30 is HUGE! I don't think there's another option and being this is installed in a pick up truck, there's no rear deck to put it on.

Other than that, very nice, fast unit. No regrets!

• 3 weeks later...
Wondering if someone can help me... Got my 8120 installed a few days, what an upgrade over the POS F700 that was pulled out.

3. That GXM30 is HUGE! I don't think there's another option and being this is installed in a pick up truck, there's no rear deck to put it on.

I had mine installed under the dash....No problems with reception, and you can't see it which is what I wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

I started with the 6500, to the, n1, to the n2, to the z1, to the z2, by hard drive ugrade, to the f90. After years of hapiness, the f90 was too much of a disapointment, even after the upgrade. I couldnt be more happier with the DNX8120.

I was thinking of going with the GXM30, but now with the merger aproved, im thinking of waiting to see what happens. Oh, you dont have to go through the garmin to listen to xm, they change that on the 8120.

Hey Bwolfe, i live in Spanaway, i can let you check out my 8120 if you like to help you decide.

That is correct, all you need is the GXM30. And you can access the source from the main source screen unlike one of the other members said. The weather screen is awesome. Also, I just happen to have a GXM30 that I have only had for a little over a month that I am selling if anyone is interested. Im selling it for 160.00 shipped to anywhere in the continental US. PM me if any of you are interested.