AVIC411.com

My Z2 wont start up when I turn it on

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem as of yesterday. I downloaded the update from pioneer and followed directions. No need to reset the unit, just burn the disc and insert. It will then read the disc, check the drive and show progress on updates. But, what happened to mine was that after updates were complete it restarted showing navigation loading. Unfortunately it then said it was updating something and then failed, followed by an endless cycle of it restarting. I called pioneer support and the recommendation they gave was to turn the unit completely off for 30 minutes to "allow the hard drive to cool". I did so and it seemed to work, it then did one more update (the disc was not in at this point, the pioneer rep said to pull it out) then it continued the endless loop again. Called the pioneer reps again and they informed me something was wrong with the unit. Fortunately I did not pull it out, instead i waited for a good while, atleast 30 minutes and retried. It worked! Maybe the key if your having problems with the update is letting it cool off??

guess i should post this as well, problem was with the z2 with the 2 wire bypass