AVIC411.com

z3 upgrade question

I bought a z3 drive off ebay. All the numbers match up except the CDDB #. Is my drive a true z3? Thanks

VERSION: 03.0000

CDDB: 08-01-0010 instead of 07-01-0030

PLATFORM: 3.000100

GPS: 1.200000

HDD: 3.100200

Well, you have the correct map version. Does the bezel around the screen have Z3 on it? You can always update the CDDB when that update comes up. How large is your HDD? You can remove the HDD fairly easily to verify the size and brand of the HDD.

i have a z2. I bought a unlocked z2 hard drive off ebay. I think it is a toshiba 60gb. I'll have to take it out to verify it. He sent me an email offering a z3 upgrade for 50.00. I can't tell a difference between the two. I can do voice commands, but I keep hearing people say you can change the track or song by voice command. What is the CDDB?

i have a z2. I bought a unlocked z2 hard drive off ebay. I think it is a toshiba 60gb. I'll have to take it out to verify it. He sent me an email offering a z3 upgrade for 50.00. I can't tell a difference between the two. I can do voice commands, but I keep hearing people say you can change the track or song by voice command. What is the CDDB?

It's the Gracenote Data Base. The Gracenote database allows your Pioneer AVIC HDD Navigation unit to identify album, song, and artist names.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/vgn-ext-templating/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2ee84a7402035110VgnVCM1000002567a8c0RCRD&vgnextchannel=54620c8a81ed4110VgnVCM1000002567a8c0RCRD

When you go to the above link it will say "AVIC-Z1 and AVIC Z-2" but this was the link that I got from the AVIC-Z3 home page. So I guess they're all the same. The latest update for the CDDB is 08-01-0010. Once the HDD is installed, you just need to update it with the download from the above link.

Good Luck