AVIC411.com

Avic D3 and USB?

I'm trying to locate the model/part number for a USB hook-up for my Avic-D3, and I'm also wondering (if it exists) can it control the iphone?

I'm hoping to avoid buying a new deck. I really like the D3, and i love the Features of the new F series, but i think the F series is ugly and weird looking with its small off-centered screen.

I bought a half din dvd player for my Lexus. It has a Sd card slot and a USB input. It controls my stuff fine. Its hooked it up into AV1 on my D3. I have a D3 in a few of my cars and I think its one of the best nav units out. I also have a Z series. Im am content with the units I have and I will not be a F-Series customer. I think the F series unit is ugly also.

The only thing you can do with the USB input is hook up a storage device like a portable hard drive or USB stick with audio (and possibly video) files. It will not CONTROL any external devices. You can just plug a storage drive into it and navigate through whatever folder structure you have saved on it.

If you want to use your iphone for video, you have to buy the Apple cable and plug it into the AV input. You cannot control the iphone video playback with the D3 or the USB peripheral.