AVIC411.com

Gracenote

Is there any way to create my own categories?

I have a lot of different music, and I am very organized, but this setup isn't working for me.

Also...when I have the library set on random...if I hit next track...it just goes to the next song in the list...not a random song. The only time it goes to a random song is if the song ended on it's own. What's up with that?

Let me know what you guys suggest/think. Thanks.

youre pretty much stuck wit what you got man. the most you can really do is edit song names. u also failed to mention what you had in mind so make your question more specific so I or someone else can help you.

Well...I am Ukrainian, a musician and a christian...so I have a lot of different stuff...

My PC is setup as the following:

American (Rock, Pop, R&B, etc. - anything in english)

American Christian (Gospel, etc.)

Christmas (self explanatory)

Country (self explanatory)

Dance (Techno, Trance, etc.)

Instrumental (sound tracks, orchestra's, etc.)

International (stuff in languages I don't understand lol but that I like the sound of)

Russian (music in Russian)

Ukrainian Christian (music in my native tongue)

I would love to, if possible, pull the drive out...connect it to my PC...and edit the genre names...but by the sound of it...doesn't look like I can.

How about my random problem? I think that's retarded the way it works. My $200 Kenwood DPX-501 had the random function down pat.

There is NO way to manipulate the music directly on the hard drive in a PC. The only thing that you can do is backup and restore the music partition. No changes can be made.

I hate gracenote. I am very disappointed in it. If it wasn't for the Navigation and BT...I'd be selling this unit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...