AVIC411.com

I have a firmware update!!

Have you tried the nav yet with your "update" ? When in 2D mode, did the update give you the ability to switch from north up view to heading up view? That's the pretty much the one single problem I have with the nav portion of the unit.

Have you tried the nav yet with your "update" ? When in 2D mode, did the update give you the ability to switch from north up view to heading up view? That's the pretty much the one single problem I have with the nav portion of the unit.

I'll try that next time I've got the nav on. Not holding out much hope though!

The unit failed to boot up again this morning, so the update hasn't fixed that either :roll:

Hopefully there will be some folks out there who, after installing each rev, will systematically go down the bug list(s) and say point by point what's fixed and what's not

...rather than random posts talking about this or that function.

as soon as a few people get their hands on the fw update,i guarentee therell be a before and after update thread to show ezactly what has changed and wat hasnt. jus hang tight

Big question is: Why can't Pioneer test this stuff themselves?

It doesn't take log to see that the unit is not working properly.

It is not like "well on certain instances, the unit takes 2 minutes to boot up"

Everything that you guys talk about is very obvious, almost in your face bugs. Yet they chose to release it anyway and have the nerve to keep you guys hanging this long for some sort of fix that doesn't really fix most of the problems.

If I had bought this unit, I would call Pioneer and demand a refund and then take my business elsewhere.

Sorry guys. I feel your pain. Think of all of the time you spent trying to figure out if the problems you are seeing are perhaps an oversight by you like you may feel that you are dong something wrong. It really makes me upset that you guys spent big bucks on this thing and are left with a half ass unit. And it is not like it is easy to return because you may ave altered your car to install it and it may not be so easy to remove so you may have to pay someone to take it out and put your car back the way it was.

Sorry guys. I am cranky tonight.

Big question is: Why can't Pioneer test this stuff themselves?

It doesn't take log to see that the unit is not working properly.

It is not like "well on certain instances, the unit takes 2 minutes to boot up"

Everything that you guys talk about is very obvious, almost in your face bugs. Yet they chose to release it anyway and have the nerve to keep you guys hanging this long for some sort of fix that doesn't really fix most of the problems.

If I had bought this unit, I would call Pioneer and demand a refund and then take my business elsewhere.

Sorry guys. I feel your pain. Think of all of the time you spent trying to figure out if the problems you are seeing are perhaps an oversight by you like you may feel that you are dong something wrong. It really makes me upset that you guys spent big bucks on this thing and are left with a half ass unit. And it is not like it is easy to return because you may ave altered your car to install it and it may not be so easy to remove so you may have to pay someone to take it out and put your car back the way it was.

Sorry guys. I am cranky tonight.

its been discussed. pioneer probably knew of the bugs and didnt have enough time to fix the bugs and meet the deadline. they wanted to get the unit out on the market knowing that they can release a firmware update later on. you might say they shouldve postponed the release to fix everything, but they didnt want those eager beavers awaiting the release to buy a different unit ya kno? its all about competition and with the kenwood dnx and the jvc and the eclipse double dins (those r the others i know of), they had to get it out there to keep them in the game.

Hopefully there will be some folks out there who, after installing each rev, will systematically go down the bug list(s) and say point by point what's fixed and what's not

Ideally, I'd like to see Pioneer provide a listing of what 'undocumented features' (AKA bugs) that they have addressed in the revision. I'd also like to be able to download the original 'buggy' version in the chance that the new revision 'breaks' something that currently works. In other words, a way to go back.

They should really just maintain a page with all the revisions they release, with a revision history to go along with it. You know, like nearly every other piece of software out there.

I know, wishful thinking, but it would be nice... :wink:

-Eric

Ideally, I'd like to see Pioneer provide a listing of what 'undocumented features' (AKA bugs) that they have addressed in the revision. I'd also like to be able to download the original 'buggy' version in the chance that the new revision 'breaks' something that currently works. In other words, a way to go back.

They should really just maintain a page with all the revisions they release, with a revision history to go along with it. You know, like nearly every other piece of software out there.

I know, wishful thinking, but it would be nice... :wink:

-Eric

Agreed. The right (and honest) way to release revisions is to accompany them with documentation itemizing exactly what has (and preferably, what has not) been addressed. What Pioneer has in this message board is not only annoyed users, but a motivated and educated team of testers. As a developer of software myself, this is a golden asset for them. If they embraced this advantage, leveraged our comments, and made us part of the play, they'd keep us happy, better inform themselves, and have a better product.

One can only hope...

A couple of questions to the topic creator:

1 - If you insert the SD card into your computer, can you copy the files on it to your hard drive?

2 - What is the total size of all the data held on the update SD card?

3 - Would you be able to copy the data to your computer, package it in a RAR file and upload it onto the internet for others to download and take a look at?