AVIC411.com

Suggestion when upgrading your Z1 or Z2 hard drive...

I have noticed several upgraded hard drives available on ebay that contain the image file from an Avic Z3 hard drive. I would suggest when buying an upgraded hd to check the cache size of the hd. Most of the hd's listed on ebay are using an 8mb cache size. This is the same size as the original. A hard drive that is larger in capacity benefits greatly from a 16mb cache size. The higher cache size increases the operating speed of the hd. It allows for increased read and write speeds. The toshiba hd's that use the 16mb cache size are more expensive. It is worth paying an extra 10 or 20 dollars for this higher cache size, in my opinion. I am selling a new tosiba hd on ebay this weekend that is a 40gb hd, with a 16mb cache size. I would recommend this hd for upgrading to the Z3 map database. It is also partitioned to utilize the entire size limit. The extra capacity has been added to the music storage function for the library. This hd is being tested for one week before i sell it to verify correct operation.