AVIC411.com

F700BT Voice Controls/Commands?

OK this might be a very stupid question, but I am at a loss here and cant find any information on this.

Doesnt the F700BT come with voice commands/recognition for the ipod and bluetooth? It says it does on crutchfields list of features, and in the advertisements I have seen, but i looked through the user manual and couldnt find ANYTHING on voice commands and its also not listed in the documentation i can find on pioneer's site. This would lead me to believe it is not implimented on this device, but im lookin for some real people confirmation on this.

What am I missing here? I have gone through every menu on the device i can find, but NOTHING mentions or shows voice communication/control.

yes, it has voice recognition. You have to have the microphone hooked up, of course. Then you simply push the volume knob button and say what you want it to do. Available voice commands are in the user's manualon page 146 - 151. Also, you have to go to the AV System Settings menu and turn the voice recognition catalog mode to on for it to work with the ipod.

Thank you HiFi, it looks like i had the wrong document from Pioneer, the manual i found on the site was named "MAN-F900700BT-EN.pdf".

and i thought thats how it worked, but when i hit the dial it doesnt do anything, i probably do have to find that setting and enable it though.

once again, thanks for the info hifisi this was driving me CRAZY.

Make sure your microphone is connected and plugged in to right spot (the wired remote connector is the same size). If you don't get a prompt when you press in on the volume knob it's because the mic isn't being recognized.

hhmm thats weird because i thought i had tried hitting the dial before and nothing happened. but i have spoken on the bluetooth phone using my mic thats installed.

this is good to know though, ill keep this in mind when i go to attempt this again in an hour

How does that make any sense at all? Do you not listen to music while viewing the map screen? I think it's ridiculous that I have to first enter the music screen in order to use the voice control (the whole point of which is to reduce the amount of time you're looking at the headunit), only to press the map button again after I change what I'm listening to.

Voice command should be accessible from everywhere.

How does that make any sense at all? Do you not listen to music while viewing the map screen? I think it's ridiculous that I have to first enter the music screen in order to use the voice control (the whole point of which is to reduce the amount of time you're looking at the headunit), only to press the map button again after I change what I'm listening to.

Voice command should be accessible from everywhere.

yes i do listen to music while in map. i just dont think its a big deal to press the audio icon in the bottom right then press map to switch back. and what made sense is if its not accessible while in map cuz theres no nav voice commands.

and does the same thing happen to u or ur goin completely off my post? cuz i could be wrong and jus not remembering fully. as a matter of fact now that i think about it i do remember an instance where i was able to change from ipod to fm via voice while en route

You can access voice control from the map screen. so far it seems that you can access voice control from:

map screen

ipod screen

AV selection screen (one with FM, IPOD, AM, ETC) - It doesn't seem that you can access Voice control from the main screen (Destination, and the other two on the avic 411 header picture above.)

It drove me crazy at first - as my installer demo'd it - then I couldn't until I was on the map screen.

Thanks,

I can't access it from the map screen (not that it matters because my iPods never finishes cataloging voice commands, so I've had to turn it off). It should be accessible from any screen on the system, but it definitely only works for me from the audio source screen.

I can't access it from the map screen (not that it matters because my iPods never finishes cataloging voice commands, so I've had to turn it off). It should be accessible from any screen on the system, but it definitely only works for me from the audio source screen.

i dont think voice commands work if its cataloging...im getting in my car to go home now ill do a quick test cataloging and not cataloging and let u kno. shouldnt be any more than 20 minutes