AVIC411.com

so yeah just bought a d3, live in nova scotia canada, atlantic time and i cant get it to the right hours, puzzeled tried everything, can anyone help also for the bypass heres a new problem, i dont have the a/v cable installed on the park brake cable so if i ground that will everythign work just the same or is the mute cable a must for a proper bypass.

i was think just gettin a extra pin and running a wire from that pin str8 to ground along with the park brake, i notice alot of ppl on here were having problems with the bypass not working atcertain speeds, its probly cause the speed sensor wire is still connected. id be happy if i can get the time right first.

Nope. The speed sensor will not have any effect on the operation of the bypass. The unit looks for two things to be present to activate the motion lockout. First, it looks at the parking brake wire, and if that is not grounded it assumes theparking brake is not on and activates the lockout. Second, the unit uses the GPS information to determine the speed of the vehicle, and if it sees that the vehicle is in motion from the GPS, it activates the lockout.

Grounding the designated pin on the AV harness/port is a workaround for the unit locking out certain functions if it sees that the car is moving over a certain speed via the GPS signal. If all the requirements of the bypass are met, the bypass will work, regardless of whether the speed sensor is hooked up or not.

1. ground the parking brake wire.

2. attach a wire to the designated pin location on the AV port and ground it.

I don't know about the time. I can't even remember how to set it in the first place.

As far as what is lost when the lockout is active, pretty much all navigation functions are locked out, like setting a route, etc. Also, it will lock out your ability to play videos, be that from the DVD drive or from the ipod.

You don't lose ANY features by performing the bypass. None at all.

Some people put a switch on the bypass so they can turn it off because they are afraid of maybe getting a ticket if they get pulled over and the unit is discovered to be bypassed. but the chances of that happening are slim to none.

The minutes for the clock is automatically set by the GPS signal. To change the hour, you have to go into to settings and there is a setting to add or subtract hours. Don't know the exact way to get there, but explore your unit a little, you should be able to find it.

i can get to the time setting but it only allows me to adjust up and down 3 hours, 4 if i used summer time, its stuck in pacific time so adjusting the hours im still out of range, ive used the gps it sense my location and everything just fine so how come it wont since its in an atlantic timezone.