AVIC411.com

F series - Restoring TTS after upgrade - Quick Tip

This is what I observed.

After the update is done, the voice switches to Jason without TTS.But is still shown as Samantha in the Language settings.

So go to System settings->>Language and you will see the voice as Samantha or Jason.

Change the option to something else other than samantha TTS and quit the setting. This is like saving the option.

Now go back into settings again and repeat the whole thing above and select Samantha TTS . Now Samantha will be restored.

Have fun

I just installed the update on my F700. The update went very smoothly, but after it was installed, the voice was Jason, even though Samantha was shown as the current voice. In other words, just like pavan01 stated. As suggested, I tried selecting Jason, quitting, then choosing Samantha again, but the voice remained Jason. What ended up fixing this for me was to re-select English as the program language, which forced a reboot. Afterwards, selecting Samantha brought her back to life... 8)

Hopefully this method will be helpful to someone.

-Eric

P.S. The best part is, with the update, Samantha now says "POINT"!!! :D :D :D

I just installed the update on my F700. The update went very smoothly, but after it was installed, the voice was Jason, even though Samantha was shown as the current voice. In other words, just like pavan01 stated. As suggested, I tried selecting Jason, quitting, then choosing Samantha again, but the voice remained Jason. What ended up fixing this for me was to re-select English as the program language, which forced a reboot. Afterwards, selecting Samantha brought her back to life... 8)

Hopefully this method will be helpful to someone.

-Eric

P.S. The best part is, with the update, Samantha now says "POINT"!!! :D :D :D

Yes she does. She also says "bear rye" instead of "bear right".

I'm wondering if it's possible to change what she says. In the "MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\voice" directory, there's a file called "Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip". When unzipped, the "config" folder contains a handful of .csv files that can be opened with Excel. I'm thinking a bit of editing might alter what she says. Where I live, we still have a number of traffic circles, and she insists on calling them "roundabouts"... :roll:

I'm not too keen on bricking my unit, but maybe some of the more 'daring' members might want to experiment? For example... If the voice data for certain distances is altered (or simply deleted), maybe she won't pester us relentlessly about upcoming turns?... :wink:

-Eric

I'm not too keen on bricking my unit, but maybe some of the more 'daring' members might want to experiment? For example... If the voice data for certain distances is altered (or simply deleted), maybe she won't pester us relentlessly about upcoming turns?... :wink:

-Eric

THAT- would be awesome.