AVIC411.com

Turn warning frequency

I'm sure the answer is no, but i'll ask anyway.

I don't need to know 3 times within 1/2 a mile that my turn is coming up. Is there a way to change this "help" to come on at 1/2 a mile then maybe 1000ft?

1/2 mile, 1/4 mile, and 400 ft gets old.

I agree, I think the warning frequency should be based on the road you're traveling on, and how fast you're going. On a 25MPH city street, one warning ahead of the turn is sufficient. On a highway maybe two would be acceptable if it's a big interchange.

And with no mute button for voice instructions on the screen we're forced to either suffer through it, or wade through three levels of menus to turn the voice off (only to invariably turn it back on two miles down the road).

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah when you are on a multilane highway, like going down 270 south to 495 in Maryland going to VA, There is the center express lanes then the local lanes on the side, still on the highway so you can access the local exits.

Anyway, the navigation says to stay right, and to keep on the highway for EVERY SINGLE exit, were talking at least 10 exists in a 5 mile stretch, so it says in 1 mile stay right, 1/2 mile stay right, 1000 feet stay right, 500 feet stay right, then stay right when your finally there.

So it repeats that at least 10 times in that small stretch, I just have to turn the navigation voice off completely at that point, drives me fricken nuts.

The D3 had it right with the number of prompts.

So a nice side effect of turning down the voice in the sound menu? It turns the voice off fpr everythign including feedback for voice recognition commands. Talk about a double edge sword, chose to be annoyed to death, or live without voice feedback and prompts completely.

I really do hope the update comes out soon, it really annoys the crap out of you, at least it works better now though then the first release, it really was god awful at that point.