AVIC411.com

Video on iPhone Works Post Update

It looks like Pioneer did manage to sneak a few feature updates into the firmware fix they release this week.

When connecting my 3G iPhone this morning, I found that the video menu was available when on the iPod screen. Selecting a video brought up the standard video playback screen, along with the controls and the audio from the movie. I was never able to actually get video to play, but that may have been limited to the single video I tried to watch.

I would hazard a guess that iPod Classics will not output video as well, but someone else will need to confirm that.

I would hazard a guess that iPod Classics will not output video as well, but someone else will need to confirm that.

Video worked on my 160GB iPod Classic before the firmware update. I assume it still does, but I haven't tried. Video isn't very useful in the car for me.

Using pionner cable? :o cool!

I don't know, I'm using Apple's Composite A/V cable, but functionally they should be identical.

this is obviously with the 2.0 iphone/touch firmware right?

I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I don't have my old phone anymore, so it's not possible to test anything but 2.0 on my 3G.