AVIC411.com

Another D3 Bypass Question

Quick question... I had my D3 installed at a shop, then I pulled it out to do the bypass on my D3 last night, and it works fine, but the parking light warning light comes on, and stays on, which is really annoying... From what I could see searching through other bypass threads, it looks like the green parking break wire that I grounded should NOT be connected to anything, just go right from the D3's harness to the ground, is that correct? Im pretty sure it was already connected by the installer, and I just wiretapped it into the ground wire, so if I just yank that green wire from wherever the installer ran it to, or snip it just after the wiretap, that should fix my problem?

Yep. Basically, grounding that wire while it is still connected to the parking brake switch makes the car thing that the parking brake is on. Just snip off the wire that's running to the switch and it will be good. Just make sure you tape up the end of the wire you snip off.