AVIC411.com

Does the iPhone Charge on the Z3?

Currently have a Z1 however I just purchased a toshiba Z3 40gig HD.... i'm curious with this installation will it allow me to now charge my iPhone (3G)?

I'm reading a few different threads and it appears some people say it still dosen't charge while others say it does? Anyone have any clarification on this.

Also another side question... is there any different UI between the z1 & z3... for example Ipod Screen, Main Menu, Etc? I know the maps are new..

Thanks!

The only difference between any of the Z-Series units are the maps.

I haven't had my Z1 for a while, but it definitely didn't charge my iPhone. Maybe the 2.0 firmware update fixed that though, in which case it should apply to any Z-Series model.

I have an iPhone 3g, Z3, and CDIB100II. The iPhone does not connect at all. No charging, no music, no control. A shame.

Try to make a test playlist in Itunes, and drag only a few songs over. Grab a couple of legitimate songs that you ripped from the original disc(not Apple Store baught)... then sync wih onlythat playlist and see if that helps.

My GF's Iphone had an issue with our BMW X5, where a couple of Apple Store baught songs were freaking it out. I made a playlist with all but those few songs(I think it might have had a video in it), and now it works.

It's a far cry, but just an idea...

I had an issue with my Iphone, but my nifty installer(me) hosed up the adapter install and got the IBus backwards... Now it works great :D minus it not charging. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the following:

Original iPhone - with 1.x software - works flawlessly (charge, ipod, bluetooth)

Original iPhone - with 2.x software - limited ipod capability (sometimes it works, sometimes not). Bluetooth works fine. Charging does NOT work

Downgrading back to 1.x SW fixed the charging issue

iPhone 3G - bluetooth works great. iPod does not work at all. Does not charge.

There seems to be a problem here... And I have no idea who's to blame....Apple or Pioneer... I'm really not sure where to point the blame....as my GF's Iphone has been a complete different exsperince than mine between two different Iphone compatible vehicles...although she owns the same 8GB 1st gen Iphone as I do... the only differences is that she syncs her stuff on her machine and I sync mine on mine... the other...is that I got my 8GB on the very first day they released...her's was baught some time after...

I've been running an up-to-date Z2 image on my Z2 unit(bypassed)... BT and Ipod has always worked great.... I keep only one single playlist on my Iphone (for ease of use... I simply make the Iphone play in random).... none of which I have purchased from ITunes store....The music has always been music that I had on my Windows machine, that Itunes converted into their format... My GF's Iphone has had some issues with our 08 BMW X5... I've managed to figure out that there was a couple of fucked tracks that she had purchased from ITunes, that had videos that was messing her whole thing up in the X5..... I simply synced without those, and all is good...

Now back to my point...Pioneer???

Well with the Z2 image, that I had installed on a 60 gig unlocked drive....I never had the Iphone charge on...it simply had a wall socket style plug icon in the battery... I thought it was charging at first...as I'm a newb, and really had no idea...

Well...with the newly acquired Garret Toomey(Z3) drive I installed tonight... It now shows a charge symbol???

I apologize for the long/retarded post...but I'm curious to know...

I just took a whole bunch of retard pics...

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
This is a little off topic but I noticed the Crown Royal Bag in the glove compartment. Nice

Notice the drink in the cupholder(wasn't driving) :D

They come in handy after killing the bottle...

Mine serves as a coin bag for car washes and whatnot... :lol:

I removed my old Beretta 40 for the pic... :D