AVIC411.com

I hooked up a camera today.

I tied in the power for the night vision to the reverse light on the rear taillight. The tie in for the reverse sensor seemed to be ok, I guess I can doa voltmeter if necessary, but it is the same color as the wire on the reverse light.

Well the reverse option on display is greyed out and no where else to enable rear camera.

Do I need to do a hard reset?

Thanks in Avdance

TIA

Make sure the following is done:

1 Touch [Camera Input] in the System Settings menu.

2 Touch [On] to turn rear view camera setting on. Unless this setting is [On], you cannot switch to Rear View mode.

3 Touch [Polarity] to select an appropriate setting for polarity. Each time you touch [Polarity] switches between the following polarity:

• Battery — When the polarity of the connected lead is positive while the shift lever is in the REVERSE ® position

• GND — When the polarity of the connected lead is negative while the shift lever is in the REVERSE ® position

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure the following is done:

1 Touch [Camera Input] in the System Settings menu.

2 Touch [On] to turn rear view camera setting on. Unless this setting is [On], you cannot switch to Rear View mode.

3 Touch [Polarity] to select an appropriate setting for polarity. Each time you touch [Polarity] switches between the following polarity:

• Battery — When the polarity of the connected lead is positive while the shift lever is in the REVERSE ® position

• GND — When the polarity of the connected lead is negative while the shift lever is in the REVERSE ® position

Do you know which is required when bypass is installed on the Z2 (Battery or GND)?

I left the polarity where the original factory has it (dont recall which one it was) and the cam works. Just want to make sure it shouldn't be something else.

Thanks,

Kris

Polarity will depend on the reverse feed for your car, and has nothing to do with the bypass. You need to determine if the reverse wire is + or - when the transmission is in reverse.

Thanks. how would I go about doing that? If the cam works, would I assume it is fine with the setting it is on?

FWIW, I drive a Toyota Tacoma 2007.

TIA,

Kris