AVIC411.com

today was a good day..

i have an 02 audi a4 and had my new f700bt installed today..

i have owned the d1, upgraded to the d3 and today to the f700..

i have a rear camera, xm, ipod, and ps2 all installed..

i obtained the f700 new from a guy off craigslist who still had the receipt for 575$..i live in tampa and drove to orlando to meet him..

i had it installed earlier to day and i will give you my short review...

I LOVE IT!!!lol..it looks absolutley perfect in my car, i love the chrome volume controller...the red illumination matches my audi's color perfectly...the screen is plenty big and the resolution is noticibly better then the d3...

my unit was flashed at the shop so i have the 17 build number, i'm sure everybody on here understnads that even if i don't..

load time was not bad at all, i timed it at about 55 seconds to full function, only immediatly after powering on did i notice any lag on menu options..the screens are nice and bright and navigating the menus is a breeze...

after having the d3 for 6 months and the inconvience of having to hit so many buttons to navigate around, i am pleased to report it has been streamlined nicely and is easy to learn...

you can now enter zipcodesmoreover you can enter the paramenters in any order you please..it's really easy to use...

btw, i copied and paste the bypasss from whoever posted it on the first message in the hack section, the shop i took it to and i both thank whoever posted that info as it works perfectly...

i have a samsung instinct and the bluetooth connected, paired, transfered pbook, and sounds perfect..not one complaint...

i haven't played with the nav settings, but i wish you could change it to a female voice.. :lol: lol..the guidance worked great for me, it seems like it announes the next move one to many times but that is nit picking..i know the maps are new because it sent me on a new road on my way home that my d3 did not have me take...

uhh lets see, sound was great, i have a full system, 2 kicker amps, 2 10" kickers, component speakers, the whole nine, the eq settings are fun and helpful if you switch from heavy bass songs like hip hop and then to rock which i do often so you don't have to keep turning down the bass...i ususally leave it on powerful, or i setup a custom setting which i haven't done yet...

well in closing, i am the type of guy who salivates over electronics and; this unit did not dissapoint me in any way..after reading all the issues i was very worried that i would encounter some of them...

i promise i am not turning a blind eye and save for an extra 35 seconds load time, my unit works perfectly and i have used everything multiple times...

i would recommend this unit without hesitation to anyone who has the d3 and wants to upgrade, and who is not in need of the dvd drive...

my grade

9/10

no, my ps2 and ipod are both mounted neatly in the glove box, i basically have to take the 3 plugs out of the ipod controller and plug them into the ps2..i use it very rarely but at least i still have the capablitly..

i wasn't crazy about the idea, i actually told him to just take the ps2 out originally but he did an awsome job of making it very tidy and it takes all of about 3 seconds...

that way if i want to watch a movie that i have not been able to put on my ipod, i can still watch it with my ps2..i never ever use it for gaming, except if i have a kid in the car...

I have a question, and not sure if you will be able to answer this or not. I also have an A4 and I’m very interested in purchasing the f90. However one of my concerns is I want to retain the steering wheel controls at near or full functionality. My A4 is an 06, and I realize you have an 02, did the 02's come with steering wheel controls, if so are the useable?

Thanks in advance!

ohh... yeah that's my only gripe about the F... i wanted to put a game system in my car also, but only one av input is bogus.

cant just use Y-Adaptors to hook up multiple electronics? lol

btailor508, there is a piece called the PAC SWI-PS, its compatible with just about everything, id look into that. but there was some talk yesterday of not being able to get the steering wheel controls with the F series, regardless of it having a wired remote input, so check around and make sure itll work before you invest in the piece