AVIC411.com

How to get MP4 files full screen?

1. Go to the function menu (top left of screen) and mess with the full/wide screen setting

2. Check the resolution/dimensions of the video. Chances are they are way smaller than the screen size. Youtube videos are usually like 480x360 or something like that. You might have to re-encode the video with new dimensions to fit the 800x480 screen.

2. Check the resolution/dimensions of the video. Chances are they are way smaller than the screen size. Youtube videos are usually like 480x360 or something like that. You might have to re-encode the video with new dimensions to fit the 800x480 screen.

^^^ That's what it'll be. Annoyingly, the F series can't properly scale SD/USB video to fit the screen, so it has to be encoded as per the spec in the manual (640x480 IIRC).

Even more annoyingly, the F is widescreen, but 640x480 is 4:3, so widescreen video ends up stretched, with black bars at the top and bottom. The only way I've solved this is to resize widescreen video to fill a 640x480 frame when I encode it. It looks wrong on your PC, but will appear correctly on the F.

No, it's actually 800X480... 16:10 (give or take)

There is also an option to switch between full and wide screen modes in the function menu, which adds and removes the black bars on the sides depending on whether you are using 4:3 or widescreen videos.

No, it's actually 800X480... 16:10 (give or take)

There is also an option to switch between full and wide screen modes in the function menu, which adds and removes the black bars on the sides depending on whether you are using 4:3 or widescreen videos.

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but the F manual states specifically that SD/USB videos should be 640*480.

The Full/Wide option works on DVDs, but not Divxs or mp4s as far as I can tell. It certainly won't scale a small video up to fill the screen.