AVIC411.com

Lets settle this Bypass Thing...

Ok this weekend I am going to bypass my unit D2. I want to take Step by step Photos and Post it on here for hte D2 and my friend is installing the Z1 I wil also do step by step photos on that.

Now for the D2. I understand that all you do is ground the parking break wire and you should be good. But why move the other wire to the unused pin? If you already have the break wire grounded what is up with the diagnositc wire ground then? is this part of the upgraded lockout feature??? I want to do a big thing on this and make it a sticky.... I will update all this following week. All the info on this should be posted here in evryones Opinion so we can finall answer all questions of bypass... Thanks
The reason you need to ground the other pin is because the D2 is smart enough to know that the car would not be moving with the parking brake on. When the parking brake is on, it is grounded, but by using the built in gyroscrope and the GPS, it knows the car is moving, so it relocks the system.

I don't know why, but for some reason grounding the other pin and grounding the parking brake wire removes the lockouts.