AVIC411.com

Goog-411 seems to dial some 1-425 #???

I had reported this to Pioneer some days ago, and today I actually got a call from them. They said the 425 number is not a mistake but is the number that google requested for the system. They explain that it is a collect number and there is no charge. So any one know what a collect number is????

Actually, a "collect" call means the person you are calling pays for it.

Don't any of you have any trouble-making friends?

(Edit - Meaning friends that get in trouble. Of course we all have trouble making friends, why else would be posting on a damned pioneer fan forum on a Friday evening.... sorry, couldn't resist)

Am I the only one who has gotten the "You have a collect from drunk buddy at the such and such county jail. Will you accept the charges?" call at 3 am on a Tuesday night?

• 2 months later...

My unit tries to dial the 415 area code, and I'm in Toronto, Canada- does anyone know for sure if it is actually a collect call? The last thing I want is a bunch of long distance calls to the US on my bill...

Additionally, is there a way to edit the number GOOG-411 uses, such as theri 1-800 instead?

My unit tries to dial the 415 area code, and I'm in Toronto, Canada- does anyone know for sure if it is actually a collect call? The last thing I want is a bunch of long distance calls to the US on my bill...

Additionally, is there a way to edit the number GOOG-411 uses, such as theri 1-800 instead?

why not just make a contact with the goog 411 number and use taht instead?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...