AVIC411.com

Warning and Caution after Z3 Hacks

Hello everybody,

First let me thank everybody for the great forum and specially Hyperite for the dedication.

I followed the thread "AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**"and read it through multiple times so the end result is - I have a 120GB Toshiba drive that works great (93GB Music Partition - I do not think I will ever get to fill it). I have a question about a Warning and a Caution that I get. When the avic starts up which by the way takes a good 20-30 sec at least (I think maybe the large drive takes longer), I get 2 messages:

1. When I press the "Map" button a caution pops up telling me something like

This Navi product is for navigational aid only.... bla-bla click OK
or something like that. Am I supposed to get this even after the 2 wire bypass? It only appears when the unit is turned on initially.

2. When I decide to watch a DVD (I know I should not while I am driving and I take all responsibility) it throws a pop up warning that wants me to confirm I have my park brakes on. I say OK and I do not see it until I turn off my car and I see it again next time I turn it on. Again same question - Am I supposed to get this even after the 2 wire bypass?

I think I did the 2 wire bypass correctly but maybe I am wrong. I do not get locked out or any warnings that my breaks are not connected properly like before. So I guess the 2 wire bypass did work or is it just the HDD image taking care of that warning and I need to redo the bypass?

Thanks for you time in advance!