AVIC411.com

cause i'm so smooth...

so i have had my f700 now for about 4 days, and as i have stated, have been extremely pleased with it..i almost feel guilty because save for some minor bugs, my unit works great and is a total blast..every function works well with my only complaint being the time it takes for my ipod to update the vr each time..i do have 4800 songs so i can't complain to much...

SO...i've been getting pretty good with the voice recognition and learning how to word things, how fast and loud to say them and just finding the overall sweetspot of that part of the system..while it doesn't come close to the commercial where the guy is like "well uh maybe i feel like hearing madonna, no you know what play me some good ole rock and roll and the unit responds, no problem mr. x i will be happy to play some aerosmith for you? can i do anything else..lol i never expected that and knew there would be some growing pains but i've got it handled pretty well..

so i go to pick up a date that i just meant the other day, she gets in to my car we are driving for a bit and i ask her what her favorite song on the radio is right now to which she replied saving abel "addicted"..swoo i have that on my ipod so i hit the big chrome button, take a deep breath lol and say play the artist saving abel...it's the only saving abel song i have on my ipod so i know i'm cool...

there are a few tense moments of silence and i'm praying it doesn't say "playing the artist the wiggles" lol but right on cue she replies, addicted starts playing and the girl looks over at me and says "no fucking way"...lol!!!

good start to an even better evening...

peace...

every function works well with my only complaint being the time it takes for my ipod to update the vr each time..i do have 4800 songs so i can't complain to much...

awesome story lol. my fiance' had that same reaction when i installed it in her stang. but so you know, if you have the updated F700BT, you only have to update the VR when you add new media. otherwise you can turn it off and you wont have to wait everytime for the same library. if you dont have the update you can goto www.pioneerelectronics.com and download it

my only complaint being the time it takes for my ipod to update the vr each time.

You know you don't have to leave the VR updating turned on, right? You just need to let it update the VR directory once, then turn off that setting. It won't need to run it ever again, unless you change the contents of the ipod.