AVIC411.com

Pioneer CDX-P686 CD changer and the F90BT

No, it's not compatible.

CD changers, pretty much like audio CD's are a thing of the past.

You can fit a whole 12 disk CD changer worth of songs in MP3 format on a single CD-R. And 4 times that much on a DVD-R. And more than you could ever need on an ipod.

Nope will not work - time to give up the CDs. A while ago I had my 900BT installed with a very nice cd changer in the glovebox - guess what - doesn't work - they still need to remove the cd changer (I'm promised a refund)

Now that I've gone with the iPod integration - I would never go back to cds and cd changers. It would have been nice just as an extra source of music - but with the ipod - really not necessary.

I also have an ipod however I like having as many options available to me that I can. I have over 700 CD's in my collection which would take for ever to put on an ipod, that's why I liked the changer option, I could just grab the ones I wanted to listen to at the time as I was going out the door. I still can't believe they didn't make it compatible with a CD changer. That's one thing I like about the D3 over the F90BT which I'll probably reinstall in my car for this and other reasons. To be honest overall I'm pretty disappointed in the F90BT, so I'll probably be sending it back.