AVIC411.com

F900BT Speed Camera Warnings

I'm in the UK mate and haven't found a way of changing the alerts.

I agree, with music on they are very hard to hear.

I also don't understand the display when you near a camera, it shows the distance to the camera which is fair enough but it always seems to list speed at 0 mph - is that perhaps the speed you are over the limit?

Cheers.

yeah its really quiet eh, ive also noticed it doesnt show average speed camera's either (or none ive been past today) i wonder if we could use a different speed camera database?

i noticed about the o mph thing as well and was wondering, ill need to have a play with that i think.

i noticed the radio volume doesnt go up and down with the speed but the navi one does is there a setting for that or would i need to connect the speed sensor wire for that to work?

cheers

...I agree, with music on they are very hard to hear...

You might want to try replacing the .wav file associated with that alert with something more audible. I understand that you can't increase the volume of it, but maybe a different sound might be easier to hear?

The .wav files are located in the \LPUE080\APL2\iGo\data.zip file (or at least they are in the US version).

-Eric

how do you get into these files on the system then?

You should be able to boot into winCE using Pioneer's recent update. Did they release the update in the UK?

I haven't tried any hacking yet, but I would think that replacing that .wav file with another sound (with the same filename) 'should' make it play your new sound when you get the alert.

-Eric

• 3 weeks later...