AVIC411.com

Only some contacts get transfered to F900BT

Hello all,

Reading through the forum, it seems like I am not the only one having issue transfering contacts to the unit using my bluetooth cellphone. My problem seems a little different than the other post I have seen so far :

When I hit the phonebook transfert botton, a couple menus appear then eventually it says that its loading the phonebook (I don't do anyhting on my cellphone, the pioneer unit seems to handle everything itself) and after 10 sec says its done loading the data. Now it seems to only get 4 or 5 out of the 30 odd contacts that I have on my phone.

I have a HTC touch and I installed jetwaremobile to only upload certain categories of contacts. Anybody with a similar setup got their contact to transfert properly ? If so, how ?

Other than that, the unit seems to work relatively well. The more I use it the more I like it. I was a bit frustrated with the load time when connecting an ipod to it. Hopefully they can cache that database somewhere to avoid rebuilding it from scratch every time the unit boots up. If they don't have enough flash to do it internally, they should allow us to allow the unit to use an SD card to do so ...

Thanks for the help

Simon

Hey thanks for the answer. My phone is CDMA I don't think they use sim card do they ? If so, how can I tell if the contact is stored in the sim card or on the phone ? I cannot see any option when creating/editing a contact that let me choose.

The only option I have is between and outlook or a windows live contact when I create it. I think all of mine are created as windows live. I'll double check though

Everything with the phone and the unit works perfect though. I can receive and make call and the sound quality on the other end is supposely really good

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Sprint version of the HTC Touch WM6.1 and the US version of the F700BT

I have almost 300 outlook contacts and for obvious reasons don't need them all in my truck while I am picking up beer and a pizza right?

1) I used SPB Backup and did a backup of my PIM information only. Called it PIM (Full) and saved it on my MicroSD.

2) Then I just went in to my phone and deleted all of the contacts I didn't want...reduced the numbers for each contact to 1. For contacts that I have that I need multiple numbers I just created a second contact (one for mobile phone, one for the office, one for home, for example.)

3) I renamed my contacts because I couldn't make them alpha sort correctly on the F700. I basically sorted the contacts manually my self by the priority and frequency I would want to see them on the contacts page and then numbered them...for example, I might name the contact I want to see first and most as "1) Home" instead of just "Home"...It then appears at the top of my F700 contacts page every time.

4) After reorganizing all of my contacts on the phone that I wanted in my vehicle in this way I created another backup of this PIM data and called the file PIM (Truck)

5) I synced the F700 with my phone using the current edited version of my contacts and everything appeared just fine on the Contact page of my F700.

6) Then I restored the PIM (Full) backup and all of my contacts were back on the phone just the way I had them before all of this!

The Contacts remained as I wanted them on the F700 and as I wanted them on my phone. I just sorted and numbered all of the contacts in the order I WANTED to see them.

Remember to keep both PIM files for future needs or if you want to change contacts on the F700 you can restore the mini set and edit it and then upload to the F700 again. Also, remember to turn off all sync connections you may have with PCs and other devices with your phone until you have restored your full contact list or you might overwrite something or create problems for yourself.

I am sure there is a less "Brute Force" way of doing this but it seems to be working very wll for me for right now.