AVIC411.com

f700 Screen goes to Black after boot

I have a strange problem with my unit. It was working fine until yesterday. now when I start the car I get a pioneer splash screen then screen goes black. (screen is on though cause I can see the backlight) music resumes like normal and bluetooth connects normally as well. when bluetooth connects display comes up and says it's connected then the screen goes black again.

Resetting the unit brings the screen back but still boots with black screen. After reset and power down it goes right back to black screen again! Tried reset bunch of times including "reset-eject button" reset as well.

any ideas??

thx

hey, i had the same problem happen to me today. Everything was working fine then when i started my car after lunch i had the same problem as you. What it was, is that the brightness for the unit got set to 0, instead of 8 or 10 or whatever you previously had it at. I was driving for a bit and then i could barely see the screen, i just stopped at a red light pulled the Ebreak and changed the brightness, fixed the issue. Duno if you'll be lucky enough to see it in daylight? try at night. But yea, brightness got set to ZERO. weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

damn i just got this problem today too.

When start up the car, my custom startup image load up for 10 seconds or so, then screen went black... Then lights around my knob slowly diminishing from bright colors to NONE..

the screen is black!!!! Sometimes if i hit the MAP button, the GPS would work but most of the time it doesnt.

I tried all kind of reset methods from Pioneer but none of them work... haven't try reinstall the firmware again tho..

Can someone please post up the 2.0 firmware .zip package from Pioneer.com? I checked their site today but the server is down so I cannot download the .zip file to reinstall the system file..

Thanks for your help!!!

this happened to me too...pioneer is clueless, so is crutchfield (where I got mine).

found testmode and i used it to reisntall the APL folders...seeeems to be functional so far

how exactly did you reinstall the APL folders? Please be more elaborate.

I finally got a hold of the new 2.0 firmware. Tried to installed it like normal but seem like the unit wont read from my SD card at all with the new firmware in there.

Tried on another SD card but it still wont read.

Will tried the Testmode method tonight to see if i got any result... If not... Kenwood here i come..... :?

• 1 month later...

I have an F900, its worked fine for 4-5 months now and did the firmware update the day it came out. All of a sudden I am experiencing the same issue. Flash screen then goes black. Sometimes I will see blue box messages pop up but the screen is still black. Sometimes when I hit the map button it will pull up GPS and then the unit will work fine once I hit the menu button. Also I noticed I lost my custom color on the buttons, it has changed to white. Anyone have a resolution to this?