AVIC411.com

F700BT from USA in Europe?

Hi! I´m from Spain in europe, and I am interested to buy my AVIC F700BT in USA, because its to cheap. Well, many firends comment me about the posibility the unit be incompatible in europe. Is that true? If I apply the firmware from europe on the unit, can be response? Thanks (sorry for my english) :o

Hi! I´m from Spain in europe, and I am interested to buy my AVIC F700BT in USA, because its to cheap. Well, many firends comment me about the posibility the unit be incompatible in europe. Is that true? If I apply the firmware from europe on the unit, can be response? Thanks (sorry for my english) :o

With all previous units, it was not a good idea. Radio was incompatible, unable to install correct maps, problems with DVD region codes etc., and with the new series you can probably expect even more problems,as the firmware is also different, so I very much think the same applies to the new series.

If you live in Europe, just buy the European version ! :?

You won't be able to use it.

1 - The tuner is different so you wouldn't be able to listen to some or even any radio stations there

1 - The DVD drive is region coded so it will only be able to play region 1 (USA) DVD's

3 - There is no map disk or downloadable maps, so there is no way for you to put the European maps in the US unit, and that's even if it would work in the first place, which from what previous units have shown us, it will not.