AVIC411.com

Is it possible to connect a soundprocessor to the F900BT

Hi,

i am new to this Forum, and i have still ordered an F900BT unit here in Europe, i have seen now there a several issues with the device but i still think if Pioneer ist interested in selling these units most of the issue can be fixed.

But there is one more thing that i am interested in, is it possible to connect a soundprocessor to this unit, because there is no optical or another digital bus availible.

If yes what kind of processer would you recommend.

Thanks in advance

fb2001

There is a digital out port on the back of the unit... but in the manual it says:

DIGITAL OUT

This terminal is intended to support future

equipment and should not be used if you are

using this product by itself.

So unless you really know what you are doing (or even what that port actually does) I wouldn't mess with it. You could damage the unit as well as whatever you plug into it, and it might also void the warranty if you plug something in that port that isn't certified by pioneer to do so.

There is a digital out port on the back of the unit... but in the manual it says:
DIGITAL OUT

This terminal is intended to support future

equipment and should not be used if you are

using this product by itself.

So unless you really know what you are doing (or even what that port actually does) I wouldn't mess with it. You could damage the unit as well as whatever you plug into it, and it might also void the warranty if you plug something in that port that isn't certified by pioneer to do so.

If you plug an cable into the optical output there's no light at the end, so it's not enabled anyway... :)

fb2001 - you'll have to use a processor that accepts an analog input, such as the Alpine H700 or Audiocontrol range, but the quality will be affected if it's a digital unit (like the H700, DQX etc).

hmm ok that sounds not too bad, but so far as i know the Alpine processor ist dicontinued, but das this also mean i will loose some of the soundqualitiy or would it be an improvement?.

Because i thought that could improve the whole system, but if not it wouldnt make sense to install one of these processors.

Cheers

fb2001

hmm ok that sounds not too bad, but so far as i know the Alpine processor ist dicontinued, but das this also mean i will loose some of the soundqualitiy or would it be an improvement?.

Because i thought that could improve the whole system, but if not it wouldnt make sense to install one of these processors.

Cheers

fb2001

The Alpine H700 is particularly known for a loss of SQ when using the analog input, but other processors may not be as bad.

What do you want to do with your system? If it's just EQ-ing, I'd stick with the F's built in EQ. If you want to run active, but aren't bothered about time alignment, I'd get an analog crossover (e.g. Audiocontrol 4XS) and use that. If you do want time alignment, it gets trickier because you need a digital processor; there are models out there that accept analog inputs, but you'll have to live with some loss of SQ. How much will depend on the processor in question - I'd have a look at reviews and see what people think of the various models.