AVIC411.com

Antenna Wire.....

Hi,

The only wire left on my metra harness is the blue/white one, which is supposedly the 'Amp Ground' wire. The Power Antenna wire is supposed to be solid Blue (based on the legend provided by Metra at the back of the package), and I do not have a solid blue wire on the metra wire harness at all.

I do though have the vehicle antenna adapter cable as seen below. One end plugs directly into the system, but i am confused as to where to connect the blue wire that is right beside it. My guess is to attach it to the wire harness provided by AVIC that is labelled Antenna Control as seen below.

PLEASE HELP!!!

post-19334-12872754993827_thumb.jpg

post-19334-12872754995059_thumb.jpg

post-19334-12872754996351_thumb.jpg

sorry i am confused by what you said...

Hook up blue and blue/white on the adaptor harness to the blue/white on the deck in order for the MSN service to get good reception on all sources. Just leave the solid blue on the deck alone.

i only had a solid one on the deck....the one labeled "ANtenna control"...

and my only blue/white is on the metra harness...

Please clarify your instructions.

Based on what you said, i understand that i have to hook up the blue on the antenna adapter to the blue/white on the metra harness and leave the solid blue labeled "antenna control" alone..is that correct? OR is there somehting that i am missunderstanding.

THANKS!!

You need to connect the blue antenna wire you have coming out of the Pioneer harness to the blue antenna wire you have coming out of your antenna adapter. Leave the blue/white wire coming out of your Metra harness hangin', as you're bypassing that by performing the above connection.