AVIC411.com

Quick Question on install

I have a 2006 rsx type s and will be ordering a z1 soon. If I receive a post june unit, and bypass the unit do i have to ground the parking brake wire to a location on the parking brake? Also where do I ground the wire that was added to the 2nd connector? Will I require a harness for the install? THanks so much!
Well just wanted to double check :oops: lol...Well I got to thinking...There is a reputable place around here where I could have my z1 installed at a good price. Would it be worth it to have them install everything/ then me do the bypass if it is post july 06.....If it is pre july, it is just to be installed as normal and then the bypass is a simple flick of the lights correct? Thanks!
[quote name="raddd"]yea yur gonna need a wiring harness for yur spec car duh! and just crimp a butt connector to the end of the parkingbreak and let it float...thats wat i did.[/quote]

I don't believe that is correct. Check with Ducatiboy's post on the new bypass. IIRC, you ground a pin and permanently ground the brake lead. But check his post in the hack section to be sure.
Just to clear up any confusion if there is any.... the bypass information is posted on my web site here:
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

June 06 and before:
Leave parking brake wire floating, do not connect it to anything and manually flash your lights (or put in my circuit to do it for you).

July 06 and after:
Ground the parking brake wire and the other wire (as shown on the web site above). No circuit or flashing needed.

Note, the cut off time is not absolutely defined yet, these dates are approximate. Some have said that they have a June 06 that flashing does not work and some have said they have a July 06 where flashing did work. The cut off is around the June/July cross over but there might be one or two units in the month that respond to a bypass from the other month. May and before are all flashers and August and after is assumed to be all 2 wire grounds.