AVIC411.com

I got my d3 back the other day after the RCA harness melted and the rca grounding was the cause! i cant figure it out i just tryed grounding my rcas on the 4channel amp and the amp smelled and now goes into protect mode every time! :evil: im sick of this damn unit. i have alternator whine and im fed up. ive had 3 other headunits and not a damn problem.

Did you bother to check the amp out? How old is it? It could have malfunctioned and been sending power (or ground) through your RCA's to the head unit. Have you tried temporarily hooking up an old receiver to the amp and see if it works properly?

The head unit shouldn't even be ABLE TO send enough juice out the AV harness to cause it to melt...

i know i can get the amp fixed. btw do i have to send that in... :x

anyways i think this crappy 2 channel rca i have is what fucked it all up in the first place. if i hit the rca wrong on the HU side it makes a god awful and super loud ground hum that wakes people from a mile away and will probably blow my subs.

i cant see anything else in my install that could lead to rca grounding fucking up the HU first now my amp second? all the power wire and speaker wire is kicker and knu konceptz. the only bad part is the 2 channel rca being an ebay junk but the 4 channel is kicker?

what about a good ground? kicker makes good stuff have 3 10's in a box love it..had a few amps was not to impressed.. now i got memphis amps..anyway get all new rca's and are they running on the with the power wire if so route the on the other side of the car..make noise sometimes when they are run togeather

my setup is almost flawless. the ground points for the amps are each on posts that go straight to the frame and the power wires run on opposite sides of my suv than the RCAs. i have 2 kicker 12" l7s and 2 hifonics amps. the weakest link is this rca cable and its killing me that it fried my HU and my 4 channel. atleast i think.

i mean how do you mess up grounding the RCA??? you take the frame of the hu and attach a wire to it and then run it to the outside of the RCA. i mean how did it screw both my things up. im so confused

personally i wouldnt even do that its not a real fix its a patch i know the units a expensive but i would send it for repairs dont have to use pioneer many places repair the units for well under 200$..but if u search the fourm u will see that alot of people have this problem.. i'd say it something that pionner should fix for free like the flex cables

Find the real problem instead of blaming the deck or pointing fingers. You will not get anywhere by sending the deck in all the time, and they will shut you down on the warranty if it keeps going back in for repair.

My guess would be a short in the rca's where 12 volts is somehow getting sent up the rca's, fried amp or poor ground on the amp.

I can assure you this is not a deck problem.

So everybody that has a D3 must have a shity install right..almost everybody that post about this problem only seem to have D3..I can see why he is bitter about it..Just like people with D1 have problem with the face stop opening..mine is well out of warranty but i still sent it for repairs cause the new stuff they are building in my eye is crap..sure they have firm ware updates but great none of the other decks need that..oh sorry the Z's do..

my only question on the unit is how do you know if that micro fuse is blown? and doesnt it make a really bad grounding hum and whine when its blown?

the amp most likely caused this.

i never blamed the deck either i was stating the frustration of having to rig something to their deck that pioneer should have fixed in the first place.

my question how is the install the problem when its a clean ground, ignition,switch and illumination going to the unit from the harness?? on the a/v side its my 4 channel and 2 channel hooked up and the remote wire. they both run on the other side of the power cables to the amps with no kinks or tears. besides the 2 channel being a peice and is replaced now.

The micro fuse has nothing to do with the RCA's and harnesses melting down and burning.

As for the micro fuse, like any other fuse there is a reason they blow, usually by trying to power up a amp with a poor ground.

I have had my D3 and a Alpine PDX 4 channel hooked up for almost a year, not a bit of engine noise.

I'm certainly not trying to defend Pioneer from putting that fuse in there to begin with, they were just trying to cover their asses from major damage to the deck itself, like what the original poster in this thread did. The fuse is still definetly very low rating, but it just doesn't blow by itself.

edit: sorry, I meant to qoute ryan420 above.