AVIC411.com

Hi. I am installing my new Pioneer Navi in my 2004 SVT Cobra. I have installed decks in the past, but this is a beast to itself. I have taken out the yellow/black mute wire and put it in the 4th open pin on the second row. I have grounded this wire, along with the parking brake wire. So hopefully I will avoid some of the aggrivation many of you have encountered with this unit. You really have to stop the car and put the parking brake on to access the NAV? Wow! Hope that hack worked! I am glad I found this forum and read up a bit.

I know the directions says that the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is not needed to be hooked up, so I hope I can get away with not hooking it up. I am also not hooking up the reverse wire either. Hope that doesn't affect anything.

Any other tips or hints to help me with the install? I have installed a 5V voltage regulator to reduce the 12V amp turn on to 5V on my stock Mach 460. I will post the results of my install coming up. Please chime in with any advice. I didn't know what I was getting into when I bought this!

I think you're really going to like the 700 despite the bugs. I put mine in last weekend and it wasn't too bad. I did not hook up the reverse wire and it has been fine. There was no speed sensor wire (it is on the f90bt and maybe the f900bt). The manual is the same for all 3 units so the wire is mentioned in the installation instructions. I have a ford with the factory sub too and this website really helped with figuring out the wiring http://www.installer.com/cars/ford.html

I have not hooked up the sub yet because I am waiting for a harness connector I ordered for it. To be honest, this unit has so much more bass than my factory unit that I might not even NEED the sub (BUT I am going to hook it up anyway - always trying to tweek a little more out of things!) Let me know if you actually needed to use the 5v regulator. I have read they might be needed to get rid of a popping sound when the amp kicks on but since I haven't hooked it up yet I'm not sure I will have that problem. It would before I take the radio out again to hook up the sub. Thanks.

After seeing this cheesy video, it makes me want to use the bluetooth. I did not even think about using it at first. In fact, I was not going to use the microphone, but now I will hook it up.

http://avic411.com/?p=10

For any installers, I have two blue/white factory amp wires. I was told that I can get away with using just one, but I hooked up both to the 5V regulator. I will post whether this worked or not.

Also, where are you guys putting your GPS antenna? I have no idea where to put it in a 2004 Cobra. Back truck lid?

Installation was a success. I still need to figure out a few things. I want to upload my own SVT splash screen, set my own channel presets, get the bluetooth phone working, etc.

What is up with the long boot up time? My PC boots up faster than this thing. Maybe the new firmware/software update will take care of it. I will update the unit tomorrow.

I will keep posting my experiences and thoughts about this unit. Stay tuned.

Installation was a success. I still need to figure out a few things. I want to upload my own SVT splash screen, set my own channel presets, get the bluetooth phone working, etc.

What is up with the long boot up time? My PC boots up faster than this thing. Maybe the new firmware/software update will take care of it. I will update the unit tomorrow.

I will keep posting my experiences and thoughts about this unit. Stay tuned.

Update wiil not help boot up time.