AVIC411.com

I've got a fix to the slow boot up issue

Was this info helpful to you  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Was this info helpful to you

• Yes
    • No
    • As good as were going to get till Pioneer can fix it themselves

What i got from this is that a relay to your sidemarkers will start the radio's boot when the car is unlocked remotely. If I'm wrong then stop reading now and correct me.

So what happens when you lock you car? my lights flash when I lock it as well, so is it safe to say it will turn on even when you lock the car?

Yes, you are correct this will turn on your radio on if the delay period has timed out and you lock your car. Most of the time I only lock my car after I have just turned it off and got out of it so the delay is still active. If you lock and unlock your car many times without driving it then I would make the delay very short or look for another solution.

Its a good effort, but IMO its like trying to fix a severed arm with a band aid.

I'm an engineer so the funs comes in trying to reattach an arm with band aids and chewing gum. :D

Yes, you are correct this will turn on your radio on if the delay period has timed out and you lock your car. Most of the time I only lock my car after I have just turned it off and got out of it so the delay is still active. If you lock and unlock your car many times without driving it then I would make the delay very short or look for another solution.

Well then jus so that method makes a lil more sense (not that it does) but it'd be better to go off one of your interior lights...I'm pretty sure that in everyone's car your interior lights turn on when you unlock it and dim off when you do lock it, so that would take care of that issue. Still not a helpful fix though.

my fix is to get a remote start and start your damn car before you get in...

This is by far the best temporary fix so far but also get an alarm with remote start.Not only will your unit be fully booted up but you'll have a top of the line alarm system as well.You can start your vehicle while in the house or checking out of the store and by the time you get to your vehicle you're fully booted.Make sure you get the alarm with the so call mile range.I have one(Viper 5900) I wouldn't say the range is a mile but I can start it about 4 blocks away.

Well then jus so that method makes a lil more sense (not that it does) but it'd be better to go off one of your interior lights...I'm pretty sure that in everyone's car your interior lights turn on when you unlock it and dim off when you do lock it, so that would take care of that issue. Still not a helpful fix though.

Like I said in the original post you could use any circuit that is active when the car is unlocked...interior lights, door locks, etc. This fix is helpful for me because my radio would reboot every time I started my car. Now it does not.