AVIC411.com

am/fm antenna signal booster

I'll bump this topic. I have FM, XM, and iPod working perfectly on my 2009 Matrix S, but no AM. While on the phone with Pioneer for another issue, I casually mentioned the AM problem (not caring much about it at the time) and he mentioned something about some factory radios have signal boosters built into them that my Z2 lacks.

Is there a 3rd-party signal booster I can tack on, or should I just count my blessings?

There is an option in the menu where you can change the Local tuning on of off (local means local stations). Perhaps play with the settings and you might not need the booster...

Thanks for replying. I forgot to mention that I tried all three Local settings (off, on 1, on 2) and had no luck. I'm in metro Detroit, where 760 WJR is very strong, and got nothing.

There is an option in the menu where you can change the Local tuning on of off (local means local stations). Perhaps play with the settings and you might not need the booster...

Thanks for replying. I forgot to mention that I tried all three Local settings (off, on 1, on 2) and had no luck. I'm in metro Detroit, where 760 WJR is very strong, and got nothing.

Not a problem. If that did not work as you stated, then you should be able to goto any local car stereo shop or even Best Buy/Circuit City to get one...

I got mine off of eBay. I searched by putting in my car model (Audi A3 which had an odd-ball plug, so the booster was also an adapter, which was tough to find). Oh, and the AVIC Z series unites use standard American style plug for the back of the radio.

Strange, I just checked eBay, and no antenna boosters came up for the 350z. Definitely check with a local car stereo shop for this item.