AVIC411.com

Treo 800W on Z3

How many of you are using a treo 800W on your Z3? How do you like it? I'm asking because this is my setup and I'm really dissappointed.

I upgraded from a treo 650 to the 800W and quite frankly I'm a bit pissed off. Many of my options that i used before are not working (at least not yet). For instance, I cannot transfer more than one contact. (Although I couldn't do that before... that was 4 years ago) Before, I could start a call on the handset and as the Z3 booted up it would pick up the call hands free... Not any more. Also, I could (before) start a call on the Z3 and then grab it on the handset (if I wanted more privacy). Not so now. There are more examples that I cannot recall at the moment. I'll edit when I remember.

If you have the 800W. What is your take on the relationship with the Z3? Have you foud any workarounds? This is really working me up!!!!

I don't, and never have, owned either, but Im an authorized cellphone retailer so I get to take phones home to test them out quite a bit. I tried the 800W recently and since its windows its probally going to have a troubles with the pioneer, they usually do. Your not going to be able to transfer contacts with the phone stock, a the makeing a call in startup is probally not gonna work either, but for the privacy factory all you have to do is hit the small bluetooth icon on the top and turn bluetooth off, or open the Comm Manager and turn bluetooth off, then just turn it back on when your done. If you want to be able to transfer all you contacts over in a single push, there is hope. Go to Jetwaremobile.com and download their free 30 day trial of the software, install it, and using that program push the contacts over, they will all go in just a few seconds. I've tried it and it works great. Hope that helps ya a lil.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently got the 800W and it took some time to adjust to it from the 650P. I do miss the ease of disconnecting from the AVIC with one button. I have found the 800W way and it is not that much harder. The upside to the 800W is you can go back to handsfree after disconnecting unlike the 650. The option to disconnect and connect can be found by hitting the menu button while in a call. The third option down is connect/disconnect bluetooth. Hope this helps. For the most part I am very happy with the phone. I have had Palm's since the very first one so this was a big change but I am happy I made it.

• 2 months later...
how is the speaker/microphone duting calls?

If you are referring to the speaker/microphone on the Z, it's fine. Mine sounds good on both ends, now the speakerphone on the Treo 800w itself is a different story. The 800w speakerphone sounds horrible...sounds like the speaker is busted from too much bass going through it even though that is not the case. I think better audio software would resolve some of the issue so hopefully Palm will improve it.

Go to Jetwaremobile.com and download their free 30 day trial of the software, install it, and using that program push the contacts over, they will all go in just a few seconds. I've tried it and it works great. Hope that helps ya a lil.

Did the jetware software allow you to push the contacts over using blue tooth? If not, what method did you use to transfer the contacts from the 800w?

• 1 month later...
How many of you are using a treo 800W on your Z3? How do you like it? I'm asking because this is my setup and I'm really dissappointed.

I upgraded from a treo 650 to the 800W and quite frankly I'm a bit pissed off. Many of my options that i used before are not working (at least not yet). For instance, I cannot transfer more than one contact. (Although I couldn't do that before... that was 4 years ago) Before, I could start a call on the handset and as the Z3 booted up it would pick up the call hands free... Not any more. Also, I could (before) start a call on the Z3 and then grab it on the handset (if I wanted more privacy). Not so now. There are more examples that I cannot recall at the moment. I'll edit when I remember.

If you have the 800W. What is your take on the relationship with the Z3? Have you foud any workarounds? This is really working me up!!!!

I've used a 650P, 750W, and now TreoPro. Sound to the callers is the same for all three ............ they hear an annoying echo.

Transferring contacts is an issue with WinMobile (even 6.1). Single contact transfer is fine via BT. There is no option with the WinMobile Treos to transfer categories or the entry book. Not a good thing. I'd go back to the Palm Treo if my company supported them.