AVIC411.com

Avic N2 Buzzing Noise

Hello,
I drive a porsche boxster.. and I have the Avic N2 installed into my car.. the guy who installed the headunit said he wired all the wires to the front of my car because I only have front speakers.. and my particular car does not have any back speakers.. However.. there is a constant buzzing noise when I turn on my avic n2.. Even when I decrease the volume all the way..

I was wondering if anyone has this same problem? How do I fix this? And would a PAC OEM Universal Adapter from [url=http://www.crutchfield.com]www.crutchfield.com[/url] fix this problem? I bought one of these and the guy said that for my particular car that I do not need it..

Please advise.
The only thing i have ever ran into is engine noise from a amp (extrenal) what happens is the rca wires get to close to a power wire; amp not grounded properly, or gain turned uo too high. These situatuions only happen when the car is running. Now if you don't have a amp and you are using the head unit's internal amp the only thing i can think of is that the ground connection might be lose, the wires for the avic are to close to a major power wire (10 gauge or bigger) or your battery ground is lose or corroded. They are my thoughts sorry i can be any more help
Dustin
Is the sound coming from the speakers? Since you mentioned you hear the sound even with the volume all the way down, it sounds like it's just the normal noise from the unit's internal fans. You'll def. hear them if you have a really internally-quiet car.
  • 2 months later...
gjin,
I know this is a old post but I wanted to put my two cents in on the buzz... I had the same problem and it was not a ground loop or a wiring problem but it was the head unit... I took it back to where I bought it and they had it sent back and when it came back it was all fixed... The service guy noted that it was a problem that is seems to pop up from time to time... I even went as far as having my front speakers in my Tahoe replaced because I thought that is what is was at first... So just my little input...