AVIC411.com

did it open when you first installed it? and if it did, did you recently take the radio out and reinstalled it? it may be hitting the dashboard. i had this problem when i installed mine and all i did to fix this was use the bottom holes to bolt it to my dash and now it opens. the bottom of the screen was hitting the dash bacause it was too low in my dashboard when i first installed it.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mddolfan
Just got my car back w/ AVIC-D1. They replaced a faulty CD-iB100 adapter. Now I have the same problem; D1 won't open. There is a "lock" code that Pioneer won't give me, and the installer is gone. So, there's more than one reason the D1 won't open. Any help with this would be most appreciated....but, I'll be taking it back to the installer, soon, so hopefully THEY can fix it!
Guest mddolfan
There is, apparently, a code that can be entered into the D1 to prevent the face from opening. It appears, from my talking to Pioneer customer service, that this is used in situations such as when the D1 is (was!) on display in a car audio store. The lock code would prevent anyone from potentially swiping either the navigation DVD or any CD that was in the unit. This code is supposedly entered by pushing some combination of buttons simultaneously.

To follow-up---I DID find an E-bay retailer selling the service manual as a PDF download. The code is apparently entered, according to the manual, by holding in the reset button while simultaneously pressing the AV and INFO buttons. I tried this w/ my D1, and it didn't solve my problem. But for some strange reason, when I went out the next (yesterday) morning, all was working normal again.