AVIC411.com

Another really happy customer

I just wanted to go on record for Garret Toomey (hope that's spelled right) and the work that he's done to help me get thru trying times. He shipped the unit on time (as promised). Unfortunately i ran into a delivery hickup because a certain employee 'lost' the package, but I'm happy to report that the unit is installed and working flawlessly thus far. In case anyone is wondering, i found (as so many do) that its easier to just use a locking jaw pliers and unscrew those pesky hard drive bolts. I also have to admit to bugging him a few times more than I think he was ready to admit, though each time he was there to help.

*Going from z1-z3 really was a piece of cake when you look at the overall work involved. I found the hardest part for me was trying to complete the job correctly on a little less than 5 hours of sleep in 2 days. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND allowing yourself plenty of time to do this...I ended up having to rewire things to get rid of the old headlight flash trick and accomodate the new 2 wire trick. In the end, I'm glad i rewired the thing...it gave me a good opportunity to clean up the wiring behind the dash and make sure everything was kosher.

PUT SIMPLY...I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND GARRET AND HIS WORK TO ANYONE AFTER THIS AWESOME EXPERIENCE

*and no, i don't get paid anything to say this*

Thanks XS! You were never bothersome... I'm just glad the missing package was found.

The thing that made your situation a little more involved was that you still had the Ductiboy flasher installed. Anytime you upgrade, you will have to use the 2 wire bypass if you want full functionality while driving.

If you already have the 2 wire bypass, then the HDD upgrade only takes a few minutes.

Wanted to say that Garret did a great job for me as well. Everything was as explained to the tee. His attention to detail with tracking was awesome. The install went flawless.

Thank you for all of your help. If you need a reference please have them e mail me.

I may have a few questions about my install.

Thanks again

D

I just received and installed my Z3 HDD from garret. Installation was Very EASY. I was afraid of stripping the #0 screws, but it was no problem at all. Install and updat only took about 15min. Every thing seems to work just fine, the best thing to the update right now is the turn by turn comes up way befor the turn not the way it was just feet or as you were passing your turn. Thanks Garret. :D Keep up the Good work.

• 2 weeks later...