AVIC411.com

I just installed my AVIC z2 and the ipod interface. I love the deck but I hate the ipod interface. It takes me forever to find a song, an artist, or anything on my Ipod since I have an 180 gb Ipod. Is there any hack out there were the finding music is easier? Is the Ipod interface diffrent on the z3? If it is I think I will just get the update from someone here and leave it at that. I have looked all over the forum for someone who had any info on this and came up with nothing.

Thanks

Jon

No, nothing you can do, unfortunately.

It would be a million times better if they would just make the scrollbar functional, for example, you touch in the middle of the scrollbar and the list jumps to the middle. It would seem that would be real simple to do also, but it seems Pioneer doesn't want to devote any programmers to legacy products, even if they're not discontinued yet.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just want to add that this problem is equally annoying in the European versions of the Avic Z´s, HD1BT, HD3BT and HD3-II. I have bought a solution that has a charging cable and an audio cable that both end up in a Pioneed ibus cable for plugging into the back of the Avic. I haven´t tested it yet, and maybe I should´t post until I do, but the ipod interface really sucks, so I´ll post anyway, just to complain:)

• 2 weeks later...

Aboput the solution with a charging cable and an audio cable that both end up in a Pioneed ibus cable for plugging into the back of the Avic. Apart from it being a little fidgety due to cords going into the ipod from top and bottom, it doesn´t charge the ipod. Sound is good, it uses the aux channel. I may have a connection issue, so it might still be able to charge my old brick style ipod photo 60GB..

I no miss my original ipod interface that I hated. If you make some nice playlists, those songs will be easily accesible despite the unbeliveably slow navigation..

Pioneer should improve the menu´s in the Avic Z / HD. But I think there won´t come any major improvements in new versions. Too bad.