AVIC411.com

Backup Camera question

I'm about to install the F90BT and the boyo backup camera. I want to know how would one wire up the backup camera? Do you do the following steps?

1. Install the camera at your desired location

2. Run the wires to the headunit with the RCA input

3. The + and - can be connected to the headunit's harness

4. Connect the reverse wire from the headunit to the car's reverse wire?

By following these steps, will I be able to see the camera when it is in reverse and at anytime I want to see the back of my car?

Thanks

yes, the reverse wire connection allows for it to automatically display when in reverse, and the rca allows you to go to AV source and select rear view camera to display anytime you want. You will need to turn on the camera in the settings menu.

I have the f900bt and a rear camera installed in my FJ Cruiser, and I can use the camera both ways.

I have a boyo camera as well. I agree the low light sensitivity is very good. It just might be over sensitive, though.

When I am in an area with virtually no light at night, the image from the camera is plenty bright enough to pick out a lot of detail. But if it's dark out and you are near a street light, or have someone behind you with their headlights on, the image is washed out and practically useless.

It's kinda like walking out of a really dark club and getting blasted by the sun at 7 in the morning. the light... it's too bright to see anything.