AVIC411.com

Older iPod... not working / not recognized?

There is some discrepancy in Pioneer's documentation, and I can't figure out if my iPod is supposed to work or not. I have an older 3G iPod, one of the first generation with a 'Dock' connector. The manual lists six different kinds of iPod, and mine isn't one of them. But the manual also says 'For more details about iPod compatibility with this navigation system, refer to the information on our website.'

So the Pioneer website says this:

Navigation systems are compatible with third generation and newer iPods® featuring the dock connector.
and my iPod is a third generation with a dock connector. So it should work?

I plug it in though, and have AV1 set to iPod, but nothing happens. The iPod doesn't flinch, and the F700BT doesn't give me any iPod options.

The iPod does work, connecting with my computer and all - just seems dead, when trying to connect to the Pioneer... Granted I could just get a new iPod, but having already bought the radio and the iPod cable, I've sort of already blown my budget... :wink: Plus, it would be ideal to use this older iPod -- I don't mind leaving it in the car most of the time, as it's seldom used.

Hmm and that is contradicted by the information on the web page. Of course, this is the same web page that mentions such myths as Avic Feeds software... I guess I will send an angry email to Pioneer's support.

Thanks for linking to that pdf file.

That compatibility chart was linked to in bright red letters 2 lines below what you quoted from the F700BT page...

Wierd - not on the Pioneer site I'm looking at. I'm looking at the Canadian site, and there's no compatibility chart that I can find there.

What your seeing on the site is most likely left over from the days of the early Z, N and D series which were compatible with all dock connector ipods. Pioneer just probably didn't catch that when they included that text in with the F series.