AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

gjas18 thanks for the clarification re. the map colours. I found those texture.bmp files and saw an explanation on an iGo forum that talked about messing with that stuff. Using rgb hex values makes a lot more sense.

Re. the contacts / phone book, IMHO it's easier (and more reliable!!) hacking the nav unit to manually update the sqlite database, than it is to screw around with the bluetooth contact transfer process.

Re. the startup screen, I thought I'd found an answer on this web site about the Miomap 3.3 which I just tried, but it didn't work. :cry: We'll see how that goes... it would have been too easy I guess for it to just be an entry in an ini file!

Aside from adding fonts and changing text colours and stuff, you can move / add / change entire elements. I've removed those three lines of information in the lower left corner, added a speedometer output there instead as standalone text, removed a few buttons on the right hand side, and added some static text in the upper left corner. :D The biggest stumbling block (aside from the slowness of the process) is that I can't find any documentation, outside of the comments that are scattered in the files. Without any documentation, there's so much trial and error and guesswork.

Anyhow if you google around about skins for the Mio or iGo, you'll see there's an awful lot of potential for customization with these units.

Cheers!

post-21587-12872755096713_thumb.jpg

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all I have to do is to edit that database file and addin all the contacts i need and I should be good to go!

so then everytime you have to update your phonebook, be it adding or deleting a contact, you have to edit the database again?

Yeah. But with the frequency that I add or delete a number from my cell phone, it doesn't really matter much. Besides, it's only a 5 minute process. Edit the database on my computer, load it onto the radio, and done.

Stephanie (or anyone else)--I'm trying to find the navi "arrow" in the navigate map file and see if I can reduce the size a bit...do you see it anywhere?? I can't track it down.

ps--Love the speedometer and the Star Trek font!

If you mean the red arrow they use to depict your posisition, there are a handful of files:

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\daycar.bmp

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\daycar.spr

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\daycarghost.bmp

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\daycarghost.spr

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\nightcar.bmp

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\nightcar.spr

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\nightcarghost.bmp

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\nightcarghost.spr

I don't know which one(s) you specifically would need to change.. but those are all related to the red arrow icon thing.

One more thing. Using SQLite to edit the phonebook database works very well. But I can't seem to get it to work with contacts that have more than 1 number. It recognizes the contact and asks which number I want to call, but I don't know how to name the individual contacts. I press the voice command button, and say "call work"... it then says there are more than 1 number for that contact and asks me to either say which i want to call or select it from the list. On the list, the two numbers are shown as "generaL5551234567" and "general5557654321"... basically calling each by the phone number with the word general in front of them. I can't figure out how to make the system call the numbers "office" and "shop" so that I can select them using voice command.

If you look in this picture, you can see I've got both numbers in there for this contact, but I'm not sure how (or where) to designate what the unit refers to each contact as. What is the dwType column for? I entered Shop and Office in the dwType column but that didn't help anything. Do I need to create a new column for the info the unit uses to name each of the contacts? And if so, what does it need to be named?

phonebookedit.jpg

Another thing I noticed is you can replace all the system beeps wit custom ones just by replacing the original WAV files in the DATA > Sound folder... you could even replace them with something like the sounds that Windows or Mac OS use.

I replaced all my beep waves with silence. It's golden! :D

Re. the contacts, the four fields per record are:

ID - numerical, determines the order they appear in the contacts menu, and each ID must be unique.

chShowName - this is the text name which is displayed on the contacts screen

chPhoneCode - this is the phone number that will be dialed when you select a contact.

dwType - this is numeric, either a 1 or 2 or 3 and it determines if the number is 'home' or 'work' or something else. I do not know which is which. In my original phone book, everything showed up as 1 so that's how I kept it. I just made separate entries, so I'd do something like this:

1, Work #1, 5551234567, 1

2, Work #2, 5557654321, 1

Cheers!

I replaced all my beep waves with silence. It's golden! :D

Re. the contacts, the four fields per record are:

ID - numerical, determines the order they appear in the contacts menu, and each ID must be unique.

chShowName - this is the text name which is displayed on the contacts screen

chPhoneCode - this is the phone number that will be dialed when you select a contact.

dwType - this is numeric, either a 1 or 2 or 3 and it determines if the number is 'home' or 'work' or something else. I do not know which is which. In my original phone book, everything showed up as 1 so that's how I kept it. I just made separate entries, so I'd do something like this:

1, Work #1, 5551234567, 1

2, Work #2, 5557654321, 1

Cheers!

Type is what you want, but remember that the contact name is what VR is supposed to use (not that I've ever gotten mine to work).

0 - Other (Unknown maybe?)

1 - Home

2 - Work

3 - Mobile

4 - ???

5 - Main

I'm hoping to find where to change:

1) Font for song title on map screen and possibly color of the background bars

2) Font for source (AV1, iPod, etc) on map screen

3) I am also curious what would happen if I decreased the navi arrow size (as mentioned above) in MS paint...sounds too easy but I'm scared hehe. Any thoughts?

4) Eliminate zoom level bar completely

I'm looking but I'm not that great with coding. :cry:

3) I am also curious what what happen if I decreased the navi arrow size (as mentioned above) in MS paint...sounds too easy but I'm scared hehe. Any thoughts?

i dont think paint is such a good idea because MS Paint doesnt have a transparent color. so when you transfer it back over it'll be an arrow inside a white box

Folks dont know if anyone has noticed but if you hold the MAP button down for 2 seconds it brings up the BRIGHTNESS screen. Why the hell they chose this screen to be triggered with the MAP button is beyond me. Anyway, can any of you see if this can be reassigned to the REARVIEW function. I think that should have been the first choice. This feature is on the DNX8120 and it is a nice feature.

Folks dont know if anyone has noticed but if you hold the MAP button down for 2 seconds it brings up the BRIGHTNESS screen. Why the hell they chose this screen to be triggered with the MAP button is beyond me. Anyway, can any of you see if this can be reassigned to the REARVIEW function. I think that should have been the first choice. This feature is on the DNX8120 and it is a nice feature.

And for those of us without the rearview, either mute or delete route would be sweet.