AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but Pioneer hasn't given us control of the background through a hex color (it looks like that can only be done with a BMP where they've allowed it, like for the time/distance to arrival info).

Anyway, black is #000000, and a a bright red is #ff0000.

I second this being stickied, we're starting to amass a good deal of info (mostly thanks to Stephanie), so we should start organizing it a little.

Excellent detective work there Stephanie!... 2.gif

I noticed at the top of the "navgatemap.ui" file, there are "State Modes" that indicate the navigation state. Might it be possible to use the "3DNavigateMode" flag to somehow enable/disable your 'hide' command?

-Eric

P.S. Wasn't it nice of Pioneer to leave all the comments in the files to help us figure it out?... 8)

Thanks dericn.

UPDATE:

Outstanding, It works perfectly!!. This was the one thing that bugged me the most, and now its fixed. Stephanie you are the greatest Goddess of all time. Please excuse, my ignorance earlier, I am not worthy.

P.S. Did I mention........... you're a hotty. :wink:

As always, I assume no responsibility if you have problems or damage your nav unit. Follow these instructions at your own risk.

This assumes you know how to work with Test Mode, how to get into Test Mode and how to copy files in WinCe.

1. Get a copy of the file data.zip - you can find it in the firmware update files that can be downloaded from Pioneer or you can grab the one that is already on your nav unit, from "My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo\data.zip

2. Get that file into your windows computer, and right click then Explore it. Do not extract it, just explore it.

3. In that file, find the folder "ui_pioneer" and open it

4. In there, find the file 800_480 and open it

5. Copy into this folder, the file 746_32K_OM-blank.bmp which you can download from my post above (it's in a zip archive)

6. Navigate explorer back up to the folder "ui_pioneer"

7. In there, find the folder "common" and open it.

8. Copy into this folder, the file navigatemap.ui -- you will get a warning that this file already exists, overwrite it. This file is also in that zip archive from my earlier post.

9. Now still in the "common" folder, find another folder "ui" and open it.

10. Copy into this folder the file nvigatemap.ui -- you will get a warning again about overwriting, go ahead and overwrite it.

11. Close Explorer, and copy your modified data.zip file onto the same SD card where you have the Testmode files

12. Boot your nav unit into Testmode.

13. Start -> Program Files -> Explorer to get explorer going on the WinCE

14. Find and open Storage Card, find the data.exe file and select it

15. Tap the Edit menu then Copy

16. Navigate back up, now go into My Flash Drive then APL2 then iGo

17. Find your existing data.zip file and select it

18. Tap the File menu then Rename

19. Use the onscreen keyboard to rename this file. Add "-bak" to it or something.

20. Now tap edit and paste, this will copy the new data.zip into the iGo directory.

21. Turn off the nav unit, remove the SD card

22. Turn on the nav unit, and when it's finished booting, verify that the boxes are gone but navigation still works.

23. Enjoy!

I noticed at the top of the "navgatemap.ui" file, there are "State Modes" that indicate the navigation state. Might it be possible to use the "3DNavigateMode" flag to somehow enable/disable your 'hide' command?

Yeah, that is the other option I have been exploring - you will see a lot of the elements have a visibility flag on them, so they appear or disappear depending on certain criteria. I tried toggling these boxes with the visibility modes but it didn't work when I tried it the first time. I intend to revisit that, because I do think the boxes provide some needed contrast, for the instructions and icons. To me, the perfect solution would be to have the boxes come and go as needed, but having them gone all the time is (I think) a good second choice.

Now that I'm getting a feel for the ui files, there's a few other things I'd like to explore...like moving some of the other things around, hiding stuff I'll never use, etc. It's a bit of a PITA though, having to make changes on the computer then run out to the car to test them, then run back inside to work on it... I'm a Mac/Linux gal and I don't have access to a windows laptop - I have to fire up Parallels/Windows on my desktop so I can work on the data.zip file (the nav unit doesn't like whatever the Mac does to the zip file.)

Wow this really works!!! Awesome thank you Stephanie. I wonder if we can take away the zoom level and toggle the destination times as well! The dest times box (you can toggle on/off with the full-screen cockpit option in the settings) needs to save the option after you cut power--which it doesn't now. Also thank you skicrave for the color picker tool, now I can change the clock to match my buttons and dial! Can't wait to see what's next...

post-20166-12872755088705_thumb.jpg

does it mater that you're using Mac and i'm using Windows? Haven't got around to getting myself a Mac yet :(

As far as I can tell, the thing that matters is that you can't unzip the file data.zip, mess with the contents, then re-zip it. It might be that the way the Mac archives the file is not compatible, or there might be some other funky thing going on. But because you need to use explorer to tinker with the inside of the zip file without unzipping it, you need to do this in Windows.

I've been running Windows in Parallels on my Mac for this purpose; if there's a native Mac way to 'open and explore' a zip without unzipping it, I don't know what it is.