AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stephanie, you're a godsend :D now all i do is overwrite the data.zip in the unit?

Correct -- although I strongly suggest you keep a backup of your original data.zip, or leave a backup of it on the unit.

In the lower right corner of the screen there's a little keybordish icon, tap that then tap the word Keyboard to bring up the onscreen keyboard.

Then tap the data.zip file that's already on the unit. If suffixes are off, it'll just show up as DATA

The tap the file menu, then tap Rename

Then use the onscreen keyboard, add something like -BAK to the end of the name, so it's data-bak.zip

Then copy the new data.zip into the nav unit. This way if for whatever reason it borks, you only have to rename the data-bak.zip to get out of trouble.

Cheers!

OK Stephanie, i followed your directions up to:

16. Navigate back up, now go into My Flash Drive then APL2 then iGo

17. Find your existing data.zip file and select it

..and then im stumped...this is what my iGo looks like

APL2.jpg

the only thing i saw that said data is the one with the windows icon. i did find this however in "My Flash Disk"

MyFlashDisk.jpg

is that the folder we're meant to rename? im sorry for the noobish questions but i'm nervous already about screwing something up and id rather be safe than sorry.

Any pics of the it running with a route mapped but no boxes?

Here's a pic I took today - I'm going to go back to the drawing board and revisit the alternate method I was investigating, as this method seems to lose the big arrow icons. They're probably trying to squeeze into the 1 pixel box... I didn't notice last night that the big arrows weren't appearing.

Cheers!

post-21587-12872755089542_thumb.jpg

Follwed the instructions and here the results...Thank you Stephanie and Skicrave for helping me :D

Oh Stephanie, btw, the first color for the clock is the fill and the second is the outline. i meant to have red numbers, but i actually like how this way came out.

GONE.jpg

CLOCK.jpg

GPS.jpg

i couldnt help but notice in one of the directories, the file for the Tahoma font is there.....is it possible to change the font as well????

Yep, should be possible to change the font, although the TTF file may need to be installed if they don't come in CE automatically (or if they were removed by Pioneer to thin down the install).

I wonder if we can apply an outline color to the guidance instructions at the top of the screen as well?

CatchMeIfYouCan631, thanks for the tip about the clock text! I see in your last picture, you have the directional arrows appearing. I didn't see those on mine... do those arrows only appear when you're in 3d mode? I use 2d exclusively, so I assumed that I'd done something wrong when the arrows didn't show up.

Edited to add: The outline colour should be something that can be added. I am thinking it's the glowsize parameter that indicates if an outline is added. The fonts are in the zip file so I'd guess you could replace them with another font and see what happens.

Yep, should be possible to change the font, although the TTF file may need to be installed if they don't come in CE automatically (or if they were removed by Pioneer to thin down the install).

does CE need a special text file to work with it? otherwise i think is as easy as pasting the text file where Tahoma is and where you see the word Tahoma in the texts, just rename it the new font...no?

CatchMeIfYouCan631, thanks for the tip about the clock text! I see in your last picture, you have the directional arrows appearing. I didn't see those on mine... do those arrows only appear when you're in 3d mode? I use 2d exclusively, so I assumed that I'd done something wrong when the arrows didn't show up.

no problem stephanie. unfortunatly i didnt check how it is in 2D (not fond of north only) but the first chance i get ill check the 2D and see if its there or not

Those font files seem to be normal ttf files. I just tested them and my Mac recognizes them as standard ttfs and offered to install them. It would be easy enough to copy another ttf into the iGo directory and change the font name in one of the ui files to see what happens. Or even easier, just rename the tahoma files as backups and drop in a new font file, renamed as the tahoma.

I'll do that next time I'm in the car, and see what happens.

Edited to add: The outline colour should be something that can be added. I am thinking it's the glowsize parameter that indicates if an outline is added. The fonts are in the zip file so I'd guess you could replace them with another font and see what happens.

Stephanie, the arrows only appeared in 3d mode on my unit, even before I use your fix to hide the boxes.

Stephanie, the arrows only appeared in 3d mode on my unit, even before I use your fix to hide the boxes.

LOL -- in that case, the flippin' "hide" stuff I posted in like the 5th message might have been all that was necessary -- when the arrows didn't appear then, I figured that the arrows were hidden inside the mising box elements. Never occured to me that maybe you don't get those arrows, in 2D mode. D'oh!

And all the rest of the time with the fussing and file manipulation... ah well, I'm learning as I go. I'll do some more testing after work and see if I can make it happen that much more easily.